Porteus Kiosk possible smart home actiontiles?

'User made' tutorials related to Porteus Kiosk edition.
Official kiosk documentation can be find here: http://porteus-kiosk.org/documentation.html
Forum rules
Porteus Kiosk section of the forum is unmaintained now. Its kept in a 'read only' mode for archival purposes.
Please use the kiosk contact page for directing your queries: https://porteus-kiosk.org/contact.html
danharner
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: porteus

Post#1 by danharner » 12 Nov 2019, 21:55

I recently became aware of Porteus-Kiosk when searching for a good kiosk option for some of our company pc's that only needed access to some internet websites. I have been very impressed with it thus far.

I do have a few questions.

1. Is there a way to have two websites open at the same time in chrome or firefox so that users don't have to toggle between tabs? This will come in handy as some of our users need two PLC screens open at one time.

2. Has anyone used this with ActionTiles for smart home? Or any other smart home tablets? I read a few small lists of tablets that would work with this OS.

Thanks! I look forward to hearing from everyone experiences. :Yahoo!:

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Post#2 by fanthom » 14 Nov 2019, 14:13

Hello Dan,

1) if you have two screens (monitors) set in extended mode then you could open two separate browser instances with different homepages in a customized build.

2) I'm not familiar with these. Mind that Porteus Kiosk supports only x86_64 (Intel/AMD) architecture.

Thanks
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.

danharner
White ninja
White ninja

Post#3 by danharner » 14 Nov 2019, 20:40

ok so it would have to be a dual monitor set up? Could i have two homepages on one monitor? We're trying to have as little of a footprint on the production floor as possible.

Thanks!

danharner
White ninja
White ninja

Post#4 by danharner » 14 Nov 2019, 21:10

So i just tried the double homescreen and it does open two tabs which is fine. Now I have another question.

The portal that my users log into opens up once they log in and I need another portal open next to it but with a different user. However opening the page in another tab, the user is automatically logged in.

Is there anything we can do about this?