Kiosk 4.8 Save ISO not saving to USB Drive

'User made' tutorials related to Porteus Kiosk edition.
Official kiosk documentation can be find here: http://porteus-kiosk.org/documentation.html
Forum rules
Porteus Kiosk section of the forum is unmaintained now. Its kept in a 'read only' mode for archival purposes.
Please use the kiosk contact page for directing your queries: https://porteus-kiosk.org/contact.html
woodrow
Ronin
Ronin
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Post#1 by woodrow » 12 Jun 2019, 00:25

I worked with Porteus Kiosk 4.7 back in October of 2018, and was looking to update my local VirtualBox/VMWare Fusion versions to use 4.8, but it appears that trying to save the ISO after doing the config/setup wizard isn't working with the latest version.. It says it saved the Porteus-Kiosk.iso at /media (the mounted USB), but no ISO file appears after shutting down the VM. I just see hidden directories for .fseventsd and .Spotlight-V100. I'm using Mac OS Mojave, and this was working back in High Sierra for me last year. I just re-tested with the older 4.7 ISO that I had as well, and no luck with saving the ISO to the USB in the setup wizard, when I know it used to work. Installing the Kiosk on the VM hard drive works great, VM restarts to homepage and all that jazz.

Thank you in advance for any feedback/possible suggestions for rectifying this issue!

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Post#2 by fanthom » 12 Jun 2019, 06:06

Hello woodrow,

"I just re-tested with the older 4.7 ISO that I had as well, and no luck with saving the ISO to the USB in the setup wizard, when I know it used to work."
This function works for sure. It must be your Mac OS messing things up.
Please try to save the ISO under any other system.

Thanks
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.