[Solved] Automatic Proxy config problems

'User made' tutorials related to Porteus Kiosk edition.
Official kiosk documentation can be find here: http://porteus-kiosk.org/documentation.html
Forum rules
Porteus Kiosk section of the forum is unmaintained now. Its kept in a 'read only' mode for archival purposes.
Please use the kiosk contact page for directing your queries: https://porteus-kiosk.org/contact.html
jwood.ok
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

[Solved] Automatic Proxy config problems

Post#1 by jwood.ok » 28 Nov 2018, 18:05

Hi all, I'm trying to set up kiosk with the automatic proxy config using a pac file. Outside of Porteus, I can get to the pac files easily by simply putting the URL in a browser. Depending on which pac file I point to, I either get one of two problems - one where it can't access the .pac file at all, or one where it seems like it does, but then says it can't get to porteus-kiosk.org (which shouldn't be blocked).

My pac files are hosted on a windows web server, but even when I put them on a linux server, I have the same issues. Any suggestions or possibly something about the format of my pac files it doesn't like?
Last edited by jwood.ok on 06 Dec 2018, 02:54, edited 1 time in total.

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Automatic Proxy config problems

Post#2 by fanthom » 29 Nov 2018, 10:32

Hello jwood.ok,

Please send your pac file (the one which is accessible by the kiosk and supposed to allow accessing porteus-kiosk.org) to support@porteus-kiosk.org.
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.

jwood.ok
White ninja
White ninja

Re: Automatic Proxy config problems

Post#3 by jwood.ok » 04 Dec 2018, 14:44

fanthom wrote:
29 Nov 2018, 10:32
Hello jwood.ok,

Please send your pac file (the one which is accessible by the kiosk and supposed to allow accessing porteus-kiosk.org) to support@porteus-kiosk.org.

Done - thanks for taking a look!

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Re: Automatic Proxy config problems

Post#4 by fanthom » 05 Dec 2018, 16:41

This issue is fixed now and 4.7.0 ISO is updated with this fix:

Code: Select all

kiosk wizard: make proxy.pac files working again in case when they return the 'DIRECT' connection (no proxy used for specific host)
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.