[SOLVED] Touchscreen Rotation

'User made' tutorials related to Porteus Kiosk edition.
Official kiosk documentation can be find here: http://porteus-kiosk.org/documentation.html
Forum rules
Porteus Kiosk section of the forum is unmaintained now. Its kept in a 'read only' mode for archival purposes.
Please use the kiosk contact page for directing your queries: https://porteus-kiosk.org/contact.html
jpl166
Ronin
Ronin
Distribution: Kiosk

Post#1 by jpl166 » 06 Nov 2018, 16:57

I've just received an HP E230t touchscreen to use on a Kiosk, and we want to use it in portrait. Rotating the image is trivial, but getting the touchscreen to follow suit has proven more problematic. The kiosk install wizard gave me:

touchscreen_calibration="Melfas LGDisplay Incell Touch" "Evdev Axis Calibration" 32 0 4085 15 4100

although the calibration works just fine out of the box, at least that way I have the ID string. When I try to add the axes swap as such:

touchscreen_calibration="Melfas LGDisplay Incell Touch" "Evdev Axis Calibration" 32 0 4085 15 4100 | "Melfas LGDisplay Incell Touch" "Evdev Axes Swap" 8 1

it doesn't actually swap the axes.

Am I missing something blatantly obvious here?
Joel Lord
Sr. Systems Architect
Advanced Information Management, LLC

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Touchscreen Rotation

Post#2 by fanthom » 06 Nov 2018, 18:40

Hello Joel,

Touch input should rotate automatically once the screen is rotated. No need for an extra 'Evdev Axes Swap' rule.
In short - it should work out of the box.

Please contact me on support@porteus-kiosk.org and provide direct SSH access to your kiosk. If this is not possible then i'll ask you for associating your kiosk with my PK Server, use TeamViewer, etc.

Thanks

Added in 19 hours 57 minutes 16 seconds:
We have solved this one.

Seems the touch rotation settings are gone once the screen is rotated so we must do things in a specific order:
a) apply calibration settings
b) rotate screen
c) sleep 3-4 seconds and rotate touch input

I have pushed this fix to 4.7.0 ISO.
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.

maxfahl
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: Kiosk

Post#3 by maxfahl » 04 Sep 2019, 13:48

Is this still working in 4.8? How would I go about to rotate a 1080p display output counter clockwise 90 degrees as well as calibrating the touch?

What would be the complete "screen_settings" parameter for this case?
/ Max

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Post#4 by fanthom » 04 Sep 2019, 14:03

Max,

You calibrate the touch in the wizard in normal position then you use 'screen_settings=' or 'screen_rotate=' parameter to rotate the screen.
Touch will follow automatically.

Thanks
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.