Citrix Full Screen on Dual Monitors

'User made' tutorials related to Porteus Kiosk edition.
Official kiosk documentation can be find here: http://porteus-kiosk.org/documentation.html
Forum rules
Porteus Kiosk section of the forum is unmaintained now. Its kept in a 'read only' mode for archival purposes.
Please use the kiosk contact page for directing your queries: https://porteus-kiosk.org/contact.html
DavidS
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: Kiosk 4.6.0

Post#1 by DavidS » 26 Apr 2018, 17:52

Currently running Porteus Kiosk ThinClient and looking for a way to have Citrix Full Screen on Dual Monitors. Everything works great except when you enter Full Screen mode in Citrix it snaps to one Monitor or the other but not both. I can stretch the window out to cover both screens but the Citrix Desktop reads that as 1 large monitor rather than 2.

Config for screen settings:

Code: Select all

screen_settings=HDMI2:1280x1024:75.02:100:normal:normal VGA1:1280x1024:75.02:normal:normal:left-of-DP2

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Post#2 by fanthom » 26 Apr 2018, 18:04

Hi David,

Shouldn't it be: 'left-of-HDMI2'?

Anyway - you'll need customized build for this as openbox (window manager) must be recompiled without xinerama support. I did not find any config/switch to disable xinerama and recompilation is the only solution as far as i'm concerned.

Thanks
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.

DavidS
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: Kiosk 4.6.0

Post#3 by DavidS » 26 Apr 2018, 18:56

You're right, it is left of HDMI2, transposition error when typing this up.

Thanks for the quick reply. Good to know, we may have to do a customized build after all.