That is what I searched...!

Please post in this category if you are extremely happy with Porteus.
WARNING: This section may contain strong language.
iVAN
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: Windows / Linux / Porteus

That is what I searched...!

Post#1 by iVAN » 21 Oct 2016, 07:45

I am astounded by this System..
- It has most things I ever thought an Operation System should have..
- Especially the ram management and Save-States are fabulous Solutions..
- Portable yes, but why only Portable, I use it on my desktop computer as a normal installed OS..
- It is stable, it is fast, it is flexible, it is well structured and it is not complicating..
- For me Porteus is Trendsetting in Linux-Computing..
- It unites the Slackware Branches and Derivates to something special new...

:D
..making a Porteus Module is difficult. No! It`s Easy! Difficult! No, Eaasy! Difficult! Eaaasyyy! Diffiiiiiicult! Easy! DIFFICULT!!!!! EEEEAAASSSSYYYYY! :O: DIIIFFIIIICUUUULT! :O: ........................ :wall: :wall: :wall:

francois
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: xfce plank porteus nemesis
Location: Le printemps, le printemps, le printemps... ... l'hiver s'essoufle.

Re: That is what I searched...!

Post#2 by francois » 21 Oct 2016, 13:03

In some that is what we help created, but there is an enormous gratefulness to our developpers brokenman and fanthom. A lot of us run this distribution on hdd.

All these qualities you mentioned are in fact absent in most other distribution. The logical arrangement of porteus makes it unique.
Prendre son temps, profiter de celui qui passe.

iVAN
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: Windows / Linux / Porteus

Post#3 by iVAN » 21 Oct 2016, 15:22

francois wrote:In some that is what we help created, but there is an enormous gratefulness to our developpers brokenman and fanthom. A lot of us run this distribution on hdd.

All these qualities you mentioned are in fact absent in most other distribution. The logical arrangement of porteus makes it unique.
I said it before in the beginning in the Steam-Forum:"It is the simplicity I am fascinated to..." ..I wonder why I never got to Slackware before. The only Distro I spend also much enthusiasm was Lunar Linux, but that was mostly the fascinating of the complicating....but also very interesting... :D
..making a Porteus Module is difficult. No! It`s Easy! Difficult! No, Eaasy! Difficult! Eaaasyyy! Diffiiiiiicult! Easy! DIFFICULT!!!!! EEEEAAASSSSYYYYY! :O: DIIIFFIIIICUUUULT! :O: ........................ :wall: :wall: :wall:

Vic
Samurai
Samurai
Distribution: Porteux V-0.1 64 KDE

Post#4 by Vic » 20 Dec 2016, 19:57

To me, Porteus is like living in a community where everybody contributes to the electrical grid. Wind, water and solar are energy forms to be cared for and used as much as possible, and have fun doing it.

MS Windows is like a nuclear reactor that no one wants to live near. Not in my backyard (NIMBY). Windows users still want that POWER but want someone else to provide it. Radioactivity is akin to a virus.

Vic

francois
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: xfce plank porteus nemesis
Location: Le printemps, le printemps, le printemps... ... l'hiver s'essoufle.

Post#5 by francois » 20 Dec 2016, 21:08

Very interesting vision. 8)
Prendre son temps, profiter de celui qui passe.