Porteus, The Savior

Please post in this category if you are extremely happy with Porteus.
WARNING: This section may contain strong language.
FURRY_NOVA
Black ninja
Black ninja
Distribution: Porteus XFCE v3.2 i586

Porteus, The Savior

Post#1 by FURRY_NOVA » 04 Oct 2016, 00:26

Once upon a time. I one day gained a concern as I casually browsed around the great near infinite expanding web. In curiosity and thinking about that one day when the unexpected fateful day would arrive that my OS would sure would fail upon me. I set out on a short journey in search for a reasonable portable stable Linux in hope that one day it would save my laptop.

Some time later, I discovered the unknown Porteus Linux. Proceeding with caution for a possible malicious harmful site, followed by some research. I approached the Porteus builder and prepared an iso.

Eventually, the fateful day came and my OS died upon me. Sad, even that the backup recover partition had also failed. Having no choice, I extracted Porteus unto a USB from a spare PC and released my hopes to the hand of fate.

And to my relief and satisfaction, my laptop was saved with a gifted prolonged life.

I don't know how to express my appreciation, even after helping with some tutorials, I'd thought I express it here with my short story on how it saved my life. :D
New to Linux but learning. Hoping to help out Porteus community. :)

brokenman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Distribution: Porteus v4 all desktops

Re: Porteus, The Savior

Post#2 by brokenman » 04 Oct 2016, 02:20

You have quite the pen indeed! I enjoyed your short story.
How do i become super user?
Wear your underpants on the outside and put on a cape.