Porteus 5.0 Cinnamon has spoiled me...

Please post in this category if you are extremely happy with Porteus.
WARNING: This section may contain strong language.
Karmi
Samurai
Samurai
Distribution: Linux

Porteus 5.0 Cinnamon has spoiled me...

Post#1 by Karmi » 24 Apr 2023, 21:15

Made me lazy when dealing wid Linux in general. I have a main Porteus 5.0 Cinnamon on a 128 GB USB, but on the same Sabrent 7-port USB switched hub I also have a working/testing 32 GB USB wid Porteus. Today, the 32 GB Porteus wouldn't load the desktop for some reason -— maybe some bad tests wid CachyOS Linux messed up something in BIOS or whatever...I dunno.

Anyway, the 128 GB Porteus had no problems, so I had it delete 'n reformat the 32 GB USB to my standard 350 MB Fat32 partition 'n the rest formatted to ext4.

Copied the 128 GB Porteus' EFI & boot folders to the 350 MB Fat32 partition on the 32 GB USB.

Then copied the 128 GB's porteus folder to the 32 GB USB's ext4 partition.

Tried booting the 32 GB Porteus 'n it just kept blinking after the welcome screen menu.

Put the 128 GB Porteus back on-deck 'n then opened the 32 GB USB's porteus folder > then the modules folder. Deleted the 08-nvidia-515-57k.5.18.8-porteus-v5.0-x86_64.xzm & the VirtualBox xzm.

Rebooted the 32 GB Porteus 5.0 Cinnamon back up – no problems 'n it is ready for another heavy load of working/testing.

Probably took me longer to type this up – then copied it to the Porteus forum & published. \o/ ‘Hippity hip Hoorah‘ \o/