Ripper!

Please post in this category if you are extremely happy with Porteus.
WARNING: This section may contain strong language.
norb
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: porteus

Ripper!

Post#1 by norb » 26 Jul 2022, 14:51

Ok, sorry I told people to look here and then got distracted so I didn't post the positive side of my experience! I mean, this (so far as I can see) just installs anyhow: two installs to HD are running fine without the Scripts being run...
Package management runs OK, not as simple as USM but it WAS universal! Slapt with the wrapper work fine, and I have yet to encounter a problem. It works when installed to USB, or HD, or SSD. I haven't yet tried it on my Toshiba 32/64 lappy (where I have PsychOS running) but it's genuinely the first OS 64-bit I'd try on it.
My sys is Porteus with audacity, geany, libreoffice, gimp and three or four other editors like Bluegriffon.

Rava
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: XFCE 5.01 x86_64 + 4.0 i586

Ripper!

Post#2 by Rava » 21 Aug 2022, 19:21

norb wrote:
26 Jul 2022, 14:51
My sys is Porteus with audacity, geany, libreoffice, gimp and three or four other editors like Bluegriffon.
But which DE? XFCE? KDE? ???

Which audacity module do you use?
Cheers!
Yours Rava

norb
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: porteus

Ripper!

Post#3 by norb » 12 Sep 2022, 18:30

@Rava: Sorry, hadn't checked in here since posting, so didn't read your reply. I use XFCE ( Always!!!). I think I transferred the Audacity module from a previous Porteus install of one of the release candidates, but I can't remember which.