I love this OS!

Please post in this category if you are extremely happy with Porteus.
WARNING: This section may contain strong language.
Malek882
Ronin
Ronin
Distribution: Porteus 4.0

I love this OS!

Post#1 by Malek882 » 13 Feb 2023, 00:02

This is now my new favorite Linux OS. Anyone who says this OS is bad is seriously weird. The fact that I took the time to make an account and post this tells you how. First of all, it can fit on a USB, which is very neat (asides from being very rare in the Linux world), and thats definetely a PLUS for people like me, who use the same USB for 12 devices. Second of all, it uses minimum system resources. Like, 1% of my 32 GB USB 2.0 minimum. Next, it seriously packs a punch. It turned my 1.66 GHz Windows XP desktop into a monster of a PC. I can literally run Discord on it! It saved my old PC, which was my grandparents property, and has treasured family info and pictures. Perhaps the OS´ only very very small Archilles heel, was the rather difficult .xzm file formatting, which makes it hard to get compatible apps, but thats a minor issue for someone who knows their work-arounds. But Lastly, but definetely not least, it is very stripped down, offers only your basic needs, and is the most user-friendly, easy to use, Linux distro I have seen in my 8 years of testing distros. This thing is awesome!

Thanks to everyone who worked on this awesome project! :D :Yahoo!:

francois
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: xfce plank porteus nemesis
Location: Le printemps, le printemps, le printemps... ... l'hiver s'essoufle.

I love this OS!

Post#2 by francois » 20 Feb 2023, 03:01

You are a person of good taste, what we call in french `un connaisseur`.

B)
Prendre son temps, profiter de celui qui passe.