Forum Censorship and Hypocrisy...

Please post in this category if you are extremely unhappy with Porteus.
WARNING: This section may contain strong language.
n0ctilucient2
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: fullmoonremix

Post#1 by n0ctilucient2 » 26 May 2020, 03:20

My account of 5yrs has been completely deleted with all posts.

Will someone explain... why did the critics of blowing a hole in the forum just blow a hole in the forum?

Let's hear a response from the "Masters of the Universe" as to why my account received no "timely" notification of a policy problem.

Please Note:

I have not regularly posted in 2yrs so relitigating and parsing ancient vague... arbitrary... contradicting advisements from back in the day is avoiding the elephant in the room.

Make a credible case for why in any forum should there not be due process on an issue that was not first challenged as a policy confict that doesn't come across as arrogant... cynical... snarky and full of hubris.

Spam accounts and bots are "abruptly" removed because they are not community members but active and contributing long standing members that are ranked (Warlord)?

Seriously?

Man up... and face me with an explanation (that is not an excuse) so I can expose the hypocrisy to the community.

But wait... I smell fear of a dialogue where people can't use their authority to cheat (aka... sanctioning weaponized normal forum activity).

I can almost anticipate the response being the talking point... "this is a given you are supposed to know and memorize the subtleties and vague nuances of our 1tb EULA with a team of lawyers before posting".

I would expect this from Micro$oft... Google... Apple but Porteus?

Let's face it this forum is... a rigged fanboy game with weaponized double standards.
Last edited by n0ctilucient2 on 28 May 2020, 22:21, edited 15 times in total.
I receive no compensation for any shared info. And if you have any concerns... then do the right thing and reach out through PM.

Ed_P
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: 4.0 & 5.0rc2 Cinnamon 64 ISOs

Deleted Account???

Post#2 by Ed_P » 26 May 2020, 04:21

Must of been a hacker. Nothing in the moderator logs.
Ed

n0ctilucient2
White ninja
White ninja

Deleted Account???

Post#3 by n0ctilucient2 » 26 May 2020, 10:49

The posting rules were changed because Evan blew a hole in the forum with his deletions.

So you are saying now... a hacker blew a hole in the forum?
I receive no compensation for any shared info. And if you have any concerns... then do the right thing and reach out through PM.

n0ctilucient2
White ninja
White ninja

Deleted Account???

Post#4 by n0ctilucient2 » 26 May 2020, 11:02

Hmmm... if it's on my end then I assume the attack was on the router because I see the exploit on multiple devices.

Both on my mobile phone and a used Macbook that I recently purchased on eBay.

So are you saying you still see my original n0ctilucient posts of the last 5yrs (this is a new account that I'm logged in on)?

I am in a hotel using their connection.

I have not tried logging in on other connections yet.

n0ctilucient2
White ninja
White ninja

Deleted Account???

Post#5 by n0ctilucient2 » 26 May 2020, 11:15

The first time I noticed something strange was when I posted to chat... it kept generating multiple errors.

And now today... my Macbook will not access the forum page w/ IceCat (FOSS Firefox) and Vidalia (Tor).

On my Android phone I'm using Fennec (FOSS Firefox) and a localhost network VPN firewall (Internet Guard) and proxy tunnels (Orbot... Anondroid... I2p and EveryProxy).

So far... it functions fine.
Last edited by n0ctilucient2 on 26 May 2020, 11:40, edited 1 time in total.

fanthom
Site Admin
Site Admin
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Deleted Account???

Post#6 by fanthom » 26 May 2020, 11:38

n0ctilucient2,

I have looked at the forum logs and your account was deleted by one of the moderators on 21 May 2020, 16:44.

Not sure if it was done intentionally or it was a hacking attempt. Thats why i wont reveal his name.
Hopefully the mod will come here to share more details.

Thanks
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.

n0ctilucient2
White ninja
White ninja

Post#7 by n0ctilucient2 » 26 May 2020, 12:03

Hi Fanthom... thanks for the update.

The last post I made was to a moderators thread it was cordial and it was in keeping with the forum rules.

I believe it was a hack... because if the post were off topic or incoherent it would have been given a new thread... questioned or edited.

I believe more or less that is standard procedure.

Deletion runs contrary to why the forum rules were changed because of Evan's vandalism of the forum.

They were changed in order to prevent blowing a hole in the forum.

As I have stated many years I go where I am celebrated not tolerated.

If my presence was a dealbreaker I assume I would have been given notification and due process.

This is why I believe this is either error or exploit.

I have been here 6yrs and risen to the status of "Warlord" but also have seen 2 of my accounts frozen w/o explanation.

I hope this situation can be resolved and my years of contributions restored.

Otherwise... what is the point of wasting time and energy for many years posting?

Not for nothing Porteus is not the only venue where I can share my observations. If I am unable to be restored and have to start over than I will share my perspective on YouTube because I truly believe in this project and it's community. So I will contribute one way or another.

I am a member of DefCon and in it's meetings I have given copies of Porteus (some of these guys are BSD and I'm trying to convert them) because I am committed to this OS.

Again... thanks fanthom.
Last edited by n0ctilucient2 on 29 May 2020, 09:43, edited 1 time in total.

Blaze
DEV Team
DEV Team
Distribution: ⟰ Porteus current ☯ all DEs ☯

Deleted Account???

Post#8 by Blaze » 26 May 2020, 13:33

n0ctilucient2, you had many spam posts at the forum and chat.
n0ctilucient2 wrote:
26 May 2020, 12:03
but also have seen 2 of my accounts frozen w/o explanation.
the same story.
Linux 5.4.57-porteus #1 SMP Sun Aug 9 09:03:28 UTC 2020 x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
MS-7A12 » [AMD/ATI] Tobago PRO [Radeon R7 360 / R9 360 OEM] (rev 81) » Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 K2 3200MHz C16

n0ctilucient2
White ninja
White ninja

Post#9 by n0ctilucient2 » 26 May 2020, 17:48

Incorrect... I have never had spam in any of my chat posts. Only playful emojis (which I used for years without sanction or warning) to announce my presence that were similar and no different to other posts that were playful. I have seen many outrageous chat posts that have not been subject to scrutiny. Which leads me to suspect the errors created (by a stuck key or exploit?) from my newly purchased Macbook (which I noted in my chat post) were pretextually weaponized to censor me.

The majority of my posts I make are from my Android mobile phone which is meticulously configured for security. I am posting with it now.

The redundant chat post error has never occurred on any of my devices. However the Macbook has not been sent out yet for upgrade to install Coreboot so I can run Porteus instead of MacOS "Lion" w/o bugs.

A few months ago when my chat emoji was removed after years of using it I asked what was going on and got no response. So I suspected this was a sign of things to come because it was not brought to my attention there was a policy issue.

These pretexts were used for many years during flame wars by those that campaigned to censor me (you were not one) because of my dissenting viewpoints on numerous topics in the forum.

I have never spammed (if anything I have aggressively reported it) in all the years I have been in this forum or any forum (nor can any credible example be given to the contrary).

Many years ago I used a privacy portal called "WebWarper" (which since its closing I use other services and software) which placed a disclaimer on my posts that informed webmasters of its use so the portal would not be used for improper activity. This was a notification NOT spam as was later proven.

This issue was already litigated years ago and confirmed and resolved by brokenman so I was never sanctioned because I was exonerated and allowed to continue to use the service.

I have used various means to reduce my attack surface on the Internet. Yet still I was attacked years ago and $2000 worth of my equipment was ruined even with these precautions. This followed years later by a hack that lead to my credit card being used to rent limos and Uber rides.

Because of this (and my security background) I am very proactive in finding solutions to protect my investment.

Again as I stated both frozen accounts were never explained to this day or given notification or due process.

In both accounts I used the ""WebWarper" w/o sanction for years.

My style of posting can be confirmed going back over a decade ago by ncmprhnsbl

I posted regularly to his Enlightenment thread in the Puppy Linux forum years ago with no sanction from the moderators of that forum. I even was a contributor to the Slax forum and repo years ago with no sanction.

In regard to the accusation of being a "shill" (another form of spamming) I have posted links to tech products for years (similar to YouTube) that I use without sanction or challenge.

Let me make this clear... I am not a "shill". A "shill" receives compensation for endorsement. I receive no compensation of any kind. I give links like everyone else as a means to benefit the community.

And again... it was not brought to my attention there was a policy issue.

I spent years of time and effort on my contributions.

I would never do anything to ruin years of effort.

These are just weaponized excuses in order to censor.

Aka... "Argumentum ad baculum (argument to the stick)"

ie... "I am correct because I can sanction you, therefore I am correct so you must agree to my double standards or I will bash you with my stick".

It is clear that I am still being mistreated because I refuse to be a "yes man".

So this accusation supports my conclusion of error (but now I suspect malice).

And it does not explain sanctioning w/o due process.

It would be at best unreasonable to go over the Porteus EULA with a team of lawyers every time before making a post. But wait... that is why there is moderation. If there are policy issues that are not addressed or understood there is someone charged with creating and explaining policy.

And after all the upheaval because of Evan's vandalism it is hypocritical to do the very thing that the rules were changed to prevent.
Last edited by n0ctilucient2 on 29 May 2020, 10:09, edited 40 times in total.

n0ctilucient2
White ninja
White ninja

Deleted Account???

Post#10 by n0ctilucient2 » 26 May 2020, 17:57

Blaze... if it is ok could you move this thread to the "Haters" section? Because this is now becoming a critique of continuing mistreatment in this venue.

Even though there is no sanctuary there. When I posted a politically correct critique there I was mocked and sanctioned for criticising my treatment.

While people using profanity... vulgarity... insults and all manner of provocative commentary faced no sanction.
Last edited by n0ctilucient2 on 27 May 2020, 02:02, edited 1 time in total.

n0ctilucient2
White ninja
White ninja

Post#11 by n0ctilucient2 » 26 May 2020, 20:28

This arbitrary and capricious sanction (that like Evan's vandalism splits the baby... then throws it out with the bathwater) has effectively not only wiped out my numerous contributions but also the resource of information that I use to develop Porteus.

Its not as if there is an automatic mechanism (that I am aware of) to upload my posts to email.

Does anyone understand (as I stated in my last post before my account was wiped out) the Internet is based on trust. Like any site I should be able to trust there is notification and due process.

Does anyone think that I would allow years of my notes to be wiped out if given opportunity to back up or address a policy issue.

Whatever the problem... I was never notified in a timely manner there was one.

But this is not my first rodeo. During the flame wars years ago vague arguments of policy motives w/o coherence were weaponized then to censor me.
Last edited by n0ctilucient2 on 29 May 2020, 09:25, edited 5 times in total.

n0ctilucient2
White ninja
White ninja

Deleted Account???

Post#12 by n0ctilucient2 » 26 May 2020, 23:33

All I need to know is why I was not given due process.

I am not looking for an excuse... pretext or pivot or spin to clean up what is really going on but an honest answer.

No one can seriously think that this is policy and not actually truth speaking to power and it's consequences.

It is human nature to revise history because no one wishes to be seen as an oppressor.

As it has been noted many times... history is written by the conquorer NOT the conquered.

How is the circle squared? In light of what has transpired over many years why should I trust that I will be treated fairly in a rigged game and not just waste more time and effort?

Again I request this thread be transfered to the "Haters" section so that this commentary is not also weaponized against me.

Vic
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: 3.1 KDE

Post#13 by Vic » 28 May 2020, 10:24

Evan was before my time and I have seen posts from him without any content besides <deleted>. I am curious as to what happened.

Vic

n0ctilucient2
White ninja
White ninja

Post#14 by n0ctilucient2 » 28 May 2020, 11:40

The short version... it occurred during a flame war between me and Evan a few years back.

Evan was an attention queen that rose to the status of "Warlord" (surpassing me... it took me 6 yrs of contributions) in a record 4 weeks by making over 600 trivial posts.

Evan was very cordial but only wanted encouragement and praise... but not honest critique (like this thread directed @ the powers that be).

Well... as everyone in this forum knows (that has been here for any length of time) I am Mr Critique.

I am not a fanboy (cheerleader) and that rubs some in this forum the wrong way.

Unfortunately... Evan was one of those fanboys.

So when I saw things from a different perspective he became hostile like many others before and since (which deleting my account is a perfect example of) instead of simply questioning my viewpoint (or in the case of my account... forum activity).

When the powers that be did not support his hostility he became disgruntled and deleted all his posts over a 2 day period... reducing numerous threads (not just his own but many others as well) to incoherent gibberish.

So as a result the forum received draconian changes to mitigate the damage only now to have the forum now hypocritically damaged the same way by the powers that be that made the draconian changes.
Last edited by n0ctilucient2 on 29 May 2020, 03:24, edited 4 times in total.

n0ctilucient2
White ninja
White ninja

Post#15 by n0ctilucient2 » 28 May 2020, 23:07

For 3yrs the attacks on my point of view have stopped only to continue anew.

This is a cautionary tale of creative independent thought being silenced by the thought police.

In light of the mitigations needed to address the mutilation of my contributions by those who choose to hide behind their authority instead of acting responsibly in service to a community (instead of being a lord of slaves, aka "craven")...

For starters I believe that Small Form Factor Forum and others like it are reliable venues to share hardware projects because community contributions are respected NOT mutilated.

I believe that YouTube and other venues like it are reliable venues to share solutions to technical issues because community contributions are respected NOT mutilated.

I believe that Free Software Foundation and other venues like it are reliable venues to share donations for innovative GNU+Linux projects (which is the foundation on which Porteus was built) because community contributions are respected NOT mutilated.

In these venues contribution is important NOT being forced to be a cheerleader with a gun to your head.