I don't understand...

Please post in this category if you are extremely unhappy with Porteus.
WARNING: This section may contain strong language.
Ed_P
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: Cinnamon 5.01 ISO

Re: I don't understand...

Post#76 by Ed_P » 09 Apr 2017, 03:59

tybuzz67 wrote:hi guys,
I want to ask how to post a new topic on Porteus forum. I can't seem to find the button POST NEW TOPIC. kindly help me out here...
Click Board Index > click on a forum section, like Newbie Questions > click on the NewTopic button at the top of the section.
Ed

tybuzz67
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: ubuntu mate 16.04

Re: I don't understand...

Post#77 by tybuzz67 » 10 Apr 2017, 11:05

Ed_P wrote: Click Board Index > click on a forum section, like Newbie Questions > click on the NewTopic button at the top of the section.
Thanks Ed

Roggs90
Ronin
Ronin
Distribution: Rubbish Porteus

I don't understand...

Post#78 by Roggs90 » 13 May 2020, 09:55

They are completely NOT clever!! I have tried for hours reading their f****g never-working instructions just to update firefox or install a basic of basics browser. its becoming cheaper for me to just buy a new laptop with windows on it :-( RIDICULOUS. They have basically achieved the equivalent of BMW giving away cars but you need to build the engine on your own :-)

Ed_P
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: Cinnamon 5.01 ISO

I don't understand...

Post#79 by Ed_P » 14 May 2020, 06:36

You're right Roggs90, browsing Porteus's menu looking for Browser downloads and Updates is too hard for you. It's kinda like trying to help someone who doesn't tell you what version of Porteus they are trying to use, what type of system they are working on, whether they've used a linux system before, and other information that would help determine their problem.

You need to find a different hobby. :happy62: :D
Ed