I'll probably get censored for this...but...

Please post in this category if you are extremely unhappy with Porteus.
WARNING: This section may contain strong language.
monetone
Ronin
Ronin
Distribution: 3.17.4-porteus

I'll probably get censored for this...but...

Post#1 by monetone » 20 Feb 2016, 23:47

...Wow! I'm running Linux off of my new USB key and I swear it's faster than both my Fedora Mate and Linux Mint Cinnamon main installs and just as slick as the latter, and ...the only thing I hate so far is that you can't change the window size from the right or bottom sides of the window (come on guys, small beer, sort it out!). I even pulled the key out just to see if it was real (it was well-handled)!!! (OK, I'm using USB 3, some new fancy 32 GB Sony USB key...but heck...this is awesome)...I mean this IS FUCKING AWESOME. Like there are people who still use Windows (cogitate upon this profound and dismal fact of the human condition!). I'm having a hard time getting my head around this stuff. I didn't even have to install Flash media player or Virtual Box extensions or..., not even a squeak from my Radeon Graphics card. I didn't even notice I had an external USB wifi. Actually I've got two plugged in together right now - makes no difference...what's going on???...Have I returned home?...do you guys realise that nobody knows about this? Can't we figure out a way to port the entirity of Ubuntu and RPM repositories over to here? Does wine work on Porteus? Is the Universe spherical or toroidal? The mind boggles...This could be the Holy Graal of Linux distros...Or is it just beginners luck and too much Sandemans port...I will wake up tomorrow and still nobody in the real world will have heard of Porteus Linux...

brokenman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Distribution: Porteus v4 all desktops

Re: I'll probably get censored for this...but...

Post#2 by brokenman » 21 Feb 2016, 00:05

Is the Universe spherical or toroidal?
It's all toroidal. It all moves in a helical dance to return at the beginning. Where's the hate?

Glad you are enjoying Porteus. :Yahoo!:
How do i become super user?
Wear your underpants on the outside and put on a cape.

francois
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: xfce plank porteus nemesis
Location: Le printemps, le printemps, le printemps... ... l'hiver s'essoufle.

Re: I'll probably get censored for this...but...

Post#3 by francois » 21 Feb 2016, 15:05

Welcome to porteus forum. There is a small learning curve, add to that a very friendly forum, and you should be able to do everything you mentioned. We are a very small, but performing community.

Cheers. 8)
Prendre son temps, profiter de celui qui passe.