You're not serious about this distro, you're not ready

Please post in this category if you are extremely unhappy with Porteus.
WARNING: This section may contain strong language.
Rava
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: XFCE 5.01 x86_64 + 4.0 i586

Re: You're not serious about this distro, you're not ready

Post#16 by Rava » 03 May 2015, 14:54

francois wrote:bleah has a prose that remembers me a flamboyant character called padre dougal
Oh yes, I recall him. And now calling himself a Christian, with all this unbalanced agressivity and name calling...

He appears like an art of parody, and when it's involuntary from his side, it makes it even more hilarious. Haters gonna hate, and most are not interested in facts anyway.
Trolling and insulting on the net is easy. Many tolls / haters / whatevers we call them would not dare to do the same when they stand in front of us in RL... but trolls and haters are such "brave" and "courageous" "heroes" because of the net's anonymity... :lol:
Cheers!
Yours Rava

Michele13
Black ninja
Black ninja
Distribution: Based on Debian and Slackware

You're not serious about this distro, you're not ready

Post#17 by Michele13 » 18 May 2015, 17:10

bleah wrote:Dear nerd f**king f**kholes: you gay f**king pussies are you f**king retards? Are u f**king serious about spreading this distro cuz if f**king so u imbeciles what the f**k is with the distro questions? You think that's gonna get ur distro to take off, f**king wasting people's time with f**kin POINTLESS NERD TRIVIA? You think that's funny u f**ks? F**king assholes.

AND WHEN U ASK WHO THE FOUND OF LINUX MINT IS IT, DID IT F**KING OCCUR TO YOU SOME WON'T KNOW IF U SHOULD PUT MINT OR THE FULL TITLE AND THEN UR F**KING WASTING THEIR TIME MORE ASSHOLES, SO WHY NOT STICK TO BASIC SHIT INSTEAD OF ACTING LIKE UR SHIT IS OH SUCH A SPAM TARGET. OH YEAH, PEOPLE WANNA SPAM THIS OBSCURE SITE. Same with the personal passwords F**KING LET ME CHOOSE MY OWN, NO ONE IS GONNA F**KING HACK MY DUMB ACCOUNT.

Oh and soooo professional putting that nerd chat shit up on the screen so that ur wondering where the f**k the forum is and instead looking at a nerd circle jerk. Stop showing off and put that shit on the bottom!

F**kin dicks, grow the f**k up

"Why is he so angry?" You wonder? Cuz u fooled me into downloading ur unreliable shit, it crashes after looking a few pdfs like on espacenet or just via google when using firefox, and i can't download the pdfs on espacenet cuz the dicks there claim there's a bug in firefox, uh yeah, right, no I think it's linux. Regardless, how the f**k did u not stress test this shit on pdfs? Retards. And what the f**k is there only one browser choice for your custom selections, why not a non mozilla shit? Cuz installing shit on Porteus is f**king hardcore nerd hard! Assholes! Why is there no option for foreign language character support, so this is only for white english people and u think none ever wanna go to a foreign site and wanna see gibberish on nerdy Wikipedia when it shows foreign languages? Ugh. But wow, it loads fast. Cool. And btw dolphin sucks, why does control z and y not do the same shit as in windows, instead it does nothing so if u f**k up the title of the file u gotta copy it all over again or retype it. I hate linux.
MAMMA MIA! :lol:

Ed_P
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: Cinnamon 5.01 ISO

Post#18 by Ed_P » 18 May 2015, 19:10

Michele13 wrote:MAMMA MIA! :lol:
Quoting a year old posting!! And this one in particular, really?? :(
Ed

francois
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: xfce plank porteus nemesis
Location: Le printemps, le printemps, le printemps... ... l'hiver s'essoufle.

Post#19 by francois » 19 May 2015, 01:30

In its type, it seems to be reusable. Its life could be prolonged without harming anybody. 8)
Prendre son temps, profiter de celui qui passe.

Rava
Contributor
Contributor

Post#20 by Rava » 01 Jun 2015, 19:17

^
You mean, in a "what makes this post so hilariously good is that it's so bad" kind of way? 8)
Cheers!
Yours Rava

Michele13
Black ninja
Black ninja
Distribution: Based on Debian and Slackware

Post#21 by Michele13 » 03 Jun 2015, 18:26

Rava wrote:^
You mean, in a "what makes this post so hilariously good is that it's so bad" kind of way? 8)
Yes, I think

Seva
Samurai
Samurai
Distribution: XFCE Porteus Desktop 3.1 64bit

Post#22 by Seva » 19 Jun 2015, 21:08

regarding that question when registering a new account, i actually dont remember nor the name of the man, nor the name of the distro, i think it really was unnecessary step in registration, but traditions are understandable

searching and installing software in porteus is really troublesome even for people who have some linux experience

the chat on top of forums is okay, even good

crashing and freezing is a problem

no reference porteus iso, it would so much better to have one
posted from Porteus

Bogomips
Full of knowledge
Full of knowledge
Distribution: 3.2.2 Cinnamon & KDE5

Post#23 by Bogomips » 21 Jun 2015, 21:43

Seva wrote:crashing and freezing is a problem
Crashing, I found to be related to running program with unresolved dependency. As a precautionary measure, before trying program for first time I would

Code: Select all

pkill -STOP ksmserver
and afterwards resume

Code: Select all

pkill -CONT ksmserver
If neglected to do this, and if still there was keyboard response, would do same command from console. This seemed to do the trick in KDE. Don't know equivalent in other DE.

Reduce possibility of there being an unresolved dependency by running
  1. Code: Select all

ldd /Path/to/File/<binary> | grep "not found"

2. Code: Select all

usm -d /var/log/packages/<package of interest>
  3. Code: Select all

usm -d
Freezing, I encountered early on. Having only 1GB of RAM, every now and then the hard disk would go for a whirl, a couple of minutes during which nothing could be done. Finally traced to slocate, which I have shut down ever since via rootcopy entry. Only occassionally use find, so overhead of a prolonged find would present no problem, however in practice the time taken for all the deep finds can be counted in seconds.

Now, freezing only occurs in my setup when browser runs into a site with a buggy script. It's not only when using the browser directly, but also could be many minutes after using browser, and deep in the middle of some other app when freezing occurs. Reckon this is due to the nature of the system, that a script will very quickly rip through ram, and then thrash the hard disk swap partitions. Am able to retrieve situation via magic SysRq: Alt+SysRq+f will get rid of process gobbling up memory. Please refer to Links here: Newcomers favourite links and commands: porteus and linux
Linux porteus 4.4.0-porteus #3 SMP PREEMPT Sat Jan 23 07:01:55 UTC 2016 i686 AMD Sempron(tm) 140 Processor AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux
NVIDIA Corporation C61 [GeForce 6150SE nForce 430] (rev a2) MemTotal: 901760 kB MemFree: 66752 kB

Seva
Samurai
Samurai

Post#24 by Seva » 21 Jun 2015, 22:41

i was only assuming crashes, Porteus never crashed on me, thats a huge plus
but freezes are real, i have occasional freezes associated with use of web browser or archiver, os stops responding, or respond very slow, its like the cpu is at 100% load, maybe something to do with memory, i have 2 gigs of ram, single core cpu
posted from Porteus

Seva
Samurai
Samurai

Post#25 by Seva » 22 Jun 2015, 05:12

this 'alt + sysrq + something' actually works, but it would be better if there were no hangs
posted from Porteus

Bogomips
Full of knowledge
Full of knowledge
Distribution: 3.2.2 Cinnamon & KDE5

Post#26 by Bogomips » 22 Jun 2015, 12:36

Disable javascript in browser 8)
Linux porteus 4.4.0-porteus #3 SMP PREEMPT Sat Jan 23 07:01:55 UTC 2016 i686 AMD Sempron(tm) 140 Processor AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux
NVIDIA Corporation C61 [GeForce 6150SE nForce 430] (rev a2) MemTotal: 901760 kB MemFree: 66752 kB

Seva
Samurai
Samurai

Post#27 by Seva » 22 Jun 2015, 12:38

Bogomips wrote:Disable javascript in browser 8)
maybe i will give this a try and see if it helps
posted from Porteus

desiya22
Ronin
Ronin
Distribution: 3.1

Post#28 by desiya22 » 24 Dec 2015, 22:42

There is no answer to Windoze.......

And stop seconding LINUX to windoze!!! :evil:

Rava
Contributor
Contributor

Post#29 by Rava » 25 Dec 2015, 00:26

desiya22 wrote:There is no answer to Windoze.......
Ohhh there are many, its called backdoors, Trojans, rootkits and such. </trolling>
Cheers!
Yours Rava

Jack
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: Porteus and Nemesis

Post#30 by Jack » 25 Dec 2015, 04:42

You must be sick if you hate Porteus just try Windows 10 then when you come back to Porteus you will love it even better then before.

The only thing I hate is. I wish I had a Intel and not the AMD I have. I didn't know that back then but I do now.
I just like Slackware because I think it teach you about Linux to build packages where Ubuntu is like Windows you just install programs you want.