Modify Kiosk IP

Here you can post about the issues related to modifications performed manually (not through the kiosk wizard). Example: swapped kernel, added 3rd party modules or files.
Please describe in detail what has been changed and hopefully other kiosk user will be able to help.
Porteus team wont resolve bugs posted in this category as we support only modifications made by the kiosk wizard.
Forum rules
Porteus Kiosk section of the forum is unmaintained now. Its kept in a 'read only' mode for archival purposes.
Please use the kiosk contact page for directing your queries: https://porteus-kiosk.org/contact.html
ixobic
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Modify Kiosk IP

Post#1 by ixobic » 01 Oct 2021, 09:46

Hi,
We have custom scripts to build and compile an ISO of Porteus. At install time, instead of installing the kiosk to disk we save it to an ISO that we can burn afterwards directly instead of going through the installation. This process is fine when using DHCP as the kiosk can be installed on multiple instances on the same network, however when we use a static IP configuration we have to do the whole process of building the installer, loading it and saving the kiosk to an ISO, for each panel we want to install. Is there any way to modify the IP configuration once the kiosk is compiled and saved as an ISO ? I've searched on all the resulting *.xzm files, extracting them and searching for the IP I configured but nothing comes up... Have I missed a specific file, or is the configuration encrypted in any way, or anything else ?

Greetings,
Ixobic.

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Modify Kiosk IP

Post#2 by fanthom » 01 Oct 2021, 13:36

Hello ixobic,

You could add your custom script to:
customXZM/etc/rc.d/local_gui.d/network.sh

Remember to 'killall dhcpcd' and then add your own network related commands there.

Thanks
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.

ixobic
White ninja
White ninja

Modify Kiosk IP

Post#3 by ixobic » 05 Oct 2021, 17:13

Thank you very much, I will test that!

ixobic
White ninja
White ninja

Modify Kiosk IP

Post#4 by ixobic » 06 Oct 2021, 06:57

Would you have an example for this script ? Should I be using ifconfig, ip, or an other tool ?