Please help with Chrome Remote Desktop

Here you can post about the issues related to modifications performed manually (not through the kiosk wizard). Example: swapped kernel, added 3rd party modules or files.
Please describe in detail what has been changed and hopefully other kiosk user will be able to help.
Porteus team wont resolve bugs posted in this category as we support only modifications made by the kiosk wizard.
rarvin
Ronin
Ronin
Distribution: Protus kiosk

Post#1 by rarvin » 28 Mar 2020, 17:26

Dear Team,

I have been looking at the Porteus Kiosk and would like it to be used as a terminal to access remote machines over the internet. For this generally I am using the chrome remote desktop feature through one can access remote machines over a chrome browser. For this the chrome remote desktop package has to installed on the local machine. Could you please help with this.

Also the tar utility is missing. Could you also add the package manager for gentoo so users like me could try our hand at installing software's locally. Having this would be helpful too.

Regards
Aravind

rarvin
Ronin
Ronin
Distribution: Protus kiosk

Post#2 by rarvin » 29 Mar 2020, 07:22

I found this link, dont know if this might help with the module creation but since this is gentoo. Thought I share what I find.
http://mirror.cse.iitk.ac.in/gentoo-por ... e-desktop/

The details on google remote desktop the package is as follows
https://support.google.com/chrome/answe ... ktop&hl=en
https://dl.google.com/linux/direct/chro ... _amd64.deb

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Post#3 by fanthom » 29 Mar 2020, 08:52

Moved to appropriate forum category.
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.

patrickjrobbins
Ronin
Ronin
Distribution: Linux distribution

Post#4 by patrickjrobbins » 20 Jun 2021, 01:01

rarvin wrote:
28 Mar 2020, 17:26
Dear Team,

I have been looking at the Porteus Kiosk and would like it to be used as a terminal to access remote machines over the internet. For this generally I am using the chrome remote desktop feature through one can access remote machines over a chrome browser. For this the chrome remote desktop package has to installed on the local machine. Could you please help with this.

Also the tar utility is missing. Could you also add the package manager for gentoo so users like me could try our hand at installing software's locally. Having this would be helpful too.

Regards
Aravind

Portage is the official package manager and distribution system for Gentoo. It functions as the heart of Gentoo-based operating systems. Portage includes many commands for repository and package management, the primary of which is the emerge command. Try to search on wikihow.