Install always same firefox version

Here you can post about the issues related to modifications performed manually (not through the kiosk wizard). Example: swapped kernel, added 3rd party modules or files.
Please describe in detail what has been changed and hopefully other kiosk user will be able to help.
Porteus team wont resolve bugs posted in this category as we support only modifications made by the kiosk wizard.
Forum rules
Porteus Kiosk section of the forum is unmaintained now. Its kept in a 'read only' mode for archival purposes.
Please use the kiosk contact page for directing your queries: https://porteus-kiosk.org/contact.html
ecanton_ayesa
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: 3.7.0

Post#1 by ecanton_ayesa » 23 Mar 2018, 09:28

good morning,

I would like to deploy version 3.7.0, and that it does not connect to the internet to download anything and that it always installs the same version of firefox.

Is there something like that?

I want a totally offline installation.

Thank you so much for everything.

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Post#2 by fanthom » 23 Mar 2018, 17:06

You can add firefox module to the ISO so it wont be downloaded every time - please check kiosk FAQ.
Wizard still must be downloaded from our website but you can save generated ISO on usb stick and then burn it on offline PC from Ubuntu:

Code: Select all

cat kiosk.iso > /dev/sda
BTW: I have removed your two other threads. Never double them or you'll be banned for not following forum rules.

Thanks
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.

ecanton_ayesa
White ninja
White ninja

Post#3 by ecanton_ayesa » 26 Mar 2018, 06:19

fanthom wrote:
23 Mar 2018, 17:06
You can add firefox module to the ISO so it wont be downloaded every time - please check kiosk FAQ.
Wizard still must be downloaded from our website but you can save generated ISO on usb stick and then burn it on offline PC from Ubuntu:

Code: Select all

cat kiosk.iso > /dev/sda
BTW: I have removed your two other threads. Never double them or you'll be banned for not following forum rules.

Thanks
Thanks! But, I´ll try to explain me.

I downloaded the iso porteus from your website. When I make a installation over a computer, it needs to connection at your website again to install all.

I'd like to install porteus on a lot machines and it haven't internet connections. This is my problem, to install off line Porteus, without using internet!

Thanks so much!! Regards!

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Post#4 by fanthom » 26 Mar 2018, 06:56

I have explained already that you could generate kiosk ISO in the wizard on a PC which has internet connection then save it on removable device:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtCQ3iVmDWw

Once done you can burn this ISO on an offline PCs using any live linux (Porteus Desktop, Ubuntu or any other).

If for some reason you prefer using our wizard for the installation then customized build will be necessary:
http://porteus-kiosk.org/builds.html

Thanks
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.

ecanton_ayesa
White ninja
White ninja

Post#5 by ecanton_ayesa » 27 Mar 2018, 11:03

Hi!

My problem now is:

I make a iso on a usb pen drive and all is right. My problem is that this iso is not writing the local machine hard drive. It's a live version.

Can I change it?

I'd like to make a automatic iso autoinstaller on my computer with my configuration, similar if I make a clonezilla iso ... can I explain me??

Thanks so much!