FIREFOX PREFS

Here you can post about the issues related to modifications performed manually (not through the kiosk wizard). Example: swapped kernel, added 3rd party modules or files.
Please describe in detail what has been changed and hopefully other kiosk user will be able to help.
Porteus team wont resolve bugs posted in this category as we support only modifications made by the kiosk wizard.
Forum rules
Porteus Kiosk section of the forum is unmaintained now. Its kept in a 'read only' mode for archival purposes.
Please use the kiosk contact page for directing your queries: https://porteus-kiosk.org/contact.html
jr32312
Ronin
Ronin
Distribution: Kiosk

FIREFOX PREFS

Post#1 by jr32312 » 20 Mar 2017, 13:20

I'm using 4.3.0 cloud version. I want to modify firefox to allow for user sign into the browser to they can use FF sync. In digging around the file system I found the AboutBlock.js file which appears to lock down the browser. If this is the case, can I simply add a pointer in the browser_preferences variable to a text file which would override the restrictions placed in the AboutBlock.js ? Or am I completely off here?

At the end of the day I want my users to not only be able to log into their cloud accounts, but also to log into FF and enable sync for the session only.

Thanks for any help here.

anditsung
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: free

FIREFOX PREFS

Post#2 by anditsung » 10 Aug 2017, 09:26

i never use cloud version. is this same version as kiosk?
maybe you can try to modify it