Certificate importing issue

Here you can post about the issues related to modifications performed manually (not through the kiosk wizard). Example: swapped kernel, added 3rd party modules or files.
Please describe in detail what has been changed and hopefully other kiosk user will be able to help.
Porteus team wont resolve bugs posted in this category as we support only modifications made by the kiosk wizard.
Forum rules
Porteus Kiosk section of the forum is unmaintained now. Its kept in a 'read only' mode for archival purposes.
Please use the kiosk contact page for directing your queries: https://porteus-kiosk.org/contact.html
rh102801
Black ninja
Black ninja
Distribution: porteus 3.7 kiosk

Certificate importing issue

Post#1 by rh102801 » 28 Oct 2016, 16:50

We have an enterprise CA server so I don't really consider this a self signed certificate. We have an Ironport WSA web filter which acts as a transparent proxy. Users need to authenticate to the proxy before internet access is allowed which I already have addressed. My issue now is that because my kiosk is not a domain device, I get certificate trust errors when accessing HTTPS sites. Basically the proxy is an intermediate CA and it creates it's own certificates for each https site however the kiosk is not trusting them and gives me an error. I have tried importing it but either I am not doing it right or it is not working for me. I have seen other posts in the forum where a self signed certificate was being used and therefore modification of the firefox module was required... is that the route I need to go with this? since it really isn't a self signed cert I thought I should be able to just import it.

rh102801
Black ninja
Black ninja
Distribution: porteus 3.7 kiosk

Re: Certificate importing issue

Post#2 by rh102801 » 23 Dec 2016, 13:13

I never updated this but I ended up figuring out what I was doing wrong. Basically I had typed the path to the directory where the certificates were located but not the certificates themselves so I typed the filenames for the 3 certificates I needed to import it took care of my issue.