Install firefox certificate [SOLVED]

Here you can post about the issues related to modifications performed manually (not through the kiosk wizard). Example: swapped kernel, added 3rd party modules or files.
Please describe in detail what has been changed and hopefully other kiosk user will be able to help.
Porteus team wont resolve bugs posted in this category as we support only modifications made by the kiosk wizard.
Forum rules
Porteus Kiosk section of the forum is unmaintained now. Its kept in a 'read only' mode for archival purposes.
Please use the kiosk contact page for directing your queries: https://porteus-kiosk.org/contact.html
Skarnager
Ronin
Ronin
Distribution: 3.1

Install firefox certificate [SOLVED]

Post#1 by Skarnager » 16 Apr 2015, 07:31

First off, this is an amazing distro - i does exactly what we need.

However, i'm having one problem - getting Firefox to work with our companys own certificate. I've tried multiple solutions:

1. Copying cert8.db and key3.db to the unsquashed 003-settingsfolder (/squashfs-root/home/guest/.mozilla/firefox/c3pp43bg.default/)
Effect: Still showing security warning

2. Copying an entire clean Firefox profile with everything (from a Ubuntu profile), by deleting c3pp43bg.default and replacing it with the former.
Effect: Broken Firefox, not starting after Porteus-Kiosk is installed

3. Copying the entire content of the clean Firefox profile (from a Ubuntu profile) and replacing the contents of c3pp43bg.default with the former.
Effect: Broken Firefox, starting in windowed mode and not remembering the homepage selected at the Kiosk Wizard install. Browsing to our desired homepage still triggers security warning.

As of right now, it is not possible to solve the certificate trust issues the "right" way, though there are people working on it.

What i would like, is to know the correct way to import the certificate to to relevant xzm module.

Regards
Skarnager
Last edited by Skarnager on 16 Apr 2015, 11:34, edited 1 time in total.

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Re: Install firefox certificate

Post#2 by fanthom » 16 Apr 2015, 08:40

hello Skarnager,

i have this item on my TODO list for next release so if you could hold 2-3 months then it will be available publicly. i need to figure out how to handle certs first.
if you cant wait then i could create a custom build with your certificate included:
porteus-kiosk.org/builds.html

thank you
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.

Skarnager
Ronin
Ronin
Distribution: 3.1

Re: Install firefox certificate

Post#3 by Skarnager » 16 Apr 2015, 11:34

Thank you for the very quick reply!

As much as i would like to contribute to your cause by ordering a custom build, as of now this is a zero-cost project in our organization. I've subscribed to the newsletter, and await the next release.

Keep up the good work, this is a needed distro :good: