Post Installation Adjustments

Here you can post about the issues related to modifications performed manually (not through the kiosk wizard). Example: swapped kernel, added 3rd party modules or files.
Please describe in detail what has been changed and hopefully other kiosk user will be able to help.
Porteus team wont resolve bugs posted in this category as we support only modifications made by the kiosk wizard.
Forum rules
Porteus Kiosk section of the forum is unmaintained now. Its kept in a 'read only' mode for archival purposes.
Please use the kiosk contact page for directing your queries: https://porteus-kiosk.org/contact.html
lindylex
Ronin
Ronin
Distribution: Debian

Post Installation Adjustments

Post#1 by lindylex » 13 Mar 2015, 21:32

Problems:
During installation I wanted to add four URL's to Firefox but they are very long. I thought I could use the browser to retrieve, copy and past them. The browser has copy and paste disabled. I though maybe I could just edit a text file after I installed it. I do not see any files on the computer containing the URLs for the four tabs I would like Firefox to open as default.

My second problem is the logo. It is the same problem as above. If I can copy the URL for the logo during the installation that would be great. The copy and paste is disabled. How can get the brand onto the kiosk?

Thanks

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Re: Post Installation Adjustments

Post#2 by fanthom » 13 Mar 2015, 22:01

hi lindylex,

i think wizard mentions possibility of using 'ctrl+c' and 'ctrl+v' ?
i'm sure it does it on the wallpaper input window.
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.

lindylex
Ronin
Ronin
Distribution: Debian

Post#3 by lindylex » 14 Mar 2015, 04:44

I tried it and it does not work. I have no idea why. I need a different computer to test if the hardware is the source of the problem.

I thought I was missing something.

Thanks

rance
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: porteus

Post#4 by rance » 24 Mar 2015, 10:08

Hi lindylex

Have you tried
Google URL Shortener
https://goo.gl/

other shorteners availably if don't like Google ;-)

Hope this help?
Rance