Make Kiosk with TouchScreen only

Here you can post about the issues related to modifications performed manually (not through the kiosk wizard). Example: swapped kernel, added 3rd party modules or files.
Please describe in detail what has been changed and hopefully other kiosk user will be able to help.
Porteus team wont resolve bugs posted in this category as we support only modifications made by the kiosk wizard.
Forum rules
Porteus Kiosk section of the forum is unmaintained now. Its kept in a 'read only' mode for archival purposes.
Please use the kiosk contact page for directing your queries: https://porteus-kiosk.org/contact.html
XXXIII
Ronin
Ronin
Distribution: Kiosk

Make Kiosk with TouchScreen only

Post#1 by XXXIII » 21 Feb 2014, 07:22

Hello,

I have nettop Pegatron with Atom CPU, NVidia ION, HDMI, 1Gb RAM, 4GB internal flash memory, monitor dell p2314t (touch).
I want to make a kiosk equipped only touch screen, without using a keyboard and mouse.
With Porteus Desktop I can get correct firefox with two add-on: fxkeyboard + GRAB & DRAG.
But I don't know how to properly create xzm package containing these additions, along with their settings.

I also want to add a screensaver that displays images with external resources when idle. (make xzm package)

Howto?

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Re: Make Kiosk with TouchScreen only

Post#2 by fanthom » 21 Feb 2014, 09:56

changed thread title (because HOWTOs are for giving instructions rather than asking for a solutions) and moved to 'User's modifications to the Kiosk ISO' section of the forum.

to answer your question please have a look on kiosk FAQ:
http://www.porteus.org/faq/kiosk-faq.html
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.

Pidi
Ronin
Ronin
Distribution: Portues kiosk

Post#3 by Pidi » 24 Feb 2014, 10:56

Did you test the Dell P2314T monitor already on Porteus (or other linux)
Dell says it won't work on linux, i was looking for that screen in the first place but now changed to an iiyama T2236, that one works.
iiyama uses 3M hardware for the touch-part of the monitor, both monitors have multi-touch support and the iiyama has single-touch support in linux because of the 3M hardware.
Dell uses other hardware and say for themselves that the monitor only works in windows 7, of 8.x regardless multi- or single-touch.

krainsupreme
Ronin
Ronin
Distribution: PKE

Post#4 by krainsupreme » 08 May 2014, 00:46

Is there an onscreen keyboard that can automatically launch? I am trying to make a kiosk that only has the touchscreen and doesn't need a keyboard or mouse.
The display looks great, and I can navigate with the touchscreen, but can't populate form fields because there is apparently no onscreen keyboard.

freestyler
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: Porteus XFCE

Post#5 by freestyler » 08 May 2014, 02:22

https://www.porteus-apps.org