Trouble creating ISO

Here you can post about the issues related to modifications performed manually (not through the kiosk wizard). Example: swapped kernel, added 3rd party modules or files.
Please describe in detail what has been changed and hopefully other kiosk user will be able to help.
Porteus team wont resolve bugs posted in this category as we support only modifications made by the kiosk wizard.
Forum rules
Porteus Kiosk section of the forum is unmaintained now. Its kept in a 'read only' mode for archival purposes.
Please use the kiosk contact page for directing your queries: https://porteus-kiosk.org/contact.html
Maggie
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: 2.1 Kiosk

Trouble creating ISO

Post#1 by Maggie » 16 Sep 2013, 14:32

Hi,

I decompressed the Porteus Kiosk ISO and unsquashed the files 002-firefox.xzm and 003-settings.xzm, did the changes I wanted to make and squashed them back successfully. Now, I want to recreate the ISO and tried running the make_iso.sh script, but I get this error message :
./make_iso.sh: line 28: /tmp/selfgz13203/bin/mkisofs: No such file or directory

I searched for a solution and found that I could use make_iso.sh-org instead. I get a different error message this time :
genisoimage: Uh oh, I cant find the boot catalog directory 'boot/isolinux'!

I searched again and found nothing this time, so I'm clueless. Can anyone help me?

Maggie
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: 2.1 Kiosk

Re: Trouble creating ISO

Post#2 by Maggie » 16 Sep 2013, 14:40

Ooops, forget it. It was my fault, somehow I ended up not having the boot directory next to the porteus directory, guess I was too tired or something when I was working on this. :oops:

donald
Full of knowledge
Full of knowledge
Distribution: Porteus 3.2.2 XFCE 32bit

Re: Trouble creating ISO

Post#3 by donald » 16 Sep 2013, 15:21

Hi Maggie
Glad to see that you could solve it yourself.
and welcome to porteus :)