Samrtcard for read certificates

Here you can post about the issues related to modifications performed manually (not through the kiosk wizard). Example: swapped kernel, added 3rd party modules or files.
Please describe in detail what has been changed and hopefully other kiosk user will be able to help.
Porteus team wont resolve bugs posted in this category as we support only modifications made by the kiosk wizard.
Forum rules
Porteus Kiosk section of the forum is unmaintained now. Its kept in a 'read only' mode for archival purposes.
Please use the kiosk contact page for directing your queries: https://porteus-kiosk.org/contact.html
pipe
Ronin
Ronin
Distribution: porteus-kiosk

Post#1 by pipe » 20 Jan 2024, 10:27

How can I set up Porteus Kiosk to work with a smart card for reading certificates needed to access web pages in Firefox?

I have converted the DEB packages that I use on Ubuntu to XZM, but I haven't been able to make it work. Can someone guide me on what to do?

Thanks in advance

beny
Full of knowledge
Full of knowledge

Post#2 by beny » 22 Jan 2024, 17:17

hi pipe,the porteus kiosk edition is based on gentoo not slackware,if you use the deb packages how you enable and start pcsc.service, kiosk it have systemd?

pipe
Ronin
Ronin

Post#3 by pipe » 22 Jan 2024, 20:00

hi beny, I didn't know that Porteus and Porteus-Kiosk were based on different systems (Slackware and Gentoo).

The steps I follow to set up Porteus with a smart card were:

1) Download DEB packages for smart card
apt download pcsc-tools pcscd pinentry-gtk2 libccid
2) Download driver for Spanish DNI (National ID) card libpkcs11-dnie_1.6.8_amd64.deb from https://www.dnielectronico.es/
3) Convert DEB packages to XZM (deb2xzm)
4) Copy XZM packages to porteus/modules
5) Verify smart card functionality with pcsc_scan
6) Add module libpkcs11-dni.so in Firefox: Privacy & Security + Certificates (Security Devices) + Load Internal PKCS11 Module
7) Connect to URL using smart card

Since it worked correctly in Porteus, I thought that if I followed the same steps in Porteus-Kiosk, it should work. However, upon booting, the following error appears:

/init: exec: line 158: /sbin/switch_root: not found

I understand that the error is because they are based on different systems.(Slackware and Gentoo).

Is there a similar process for Porteus Kiosk?

How should I customize it?

Thanks"

beny
Full of knowledge
Full of knowledge

Post#4 by beny » 29 Jan 2024, 14:40

hi pipe, sorry but i have tried to make two iso tweak of the porteus kiosk but with no luck,the system show only the kiosk wallpaper and after a while shutdown automatically,the pcsc tool that i have used to make a new iso are from slackware current and also arch,i think you have to start the wizard to boot this one,but i think is online setup,you have to send a mail to the maintainer if you have system that start with smartcard login

pipe
Ronin
Ronin

Post#5 by pipe » 30 Jan 2024, 20:43

Hi beny, I have tried installing on Gentoo, creating the packages with "quickpkg", and generating a xzm file to load on startup, but it hasn't worked either.

Thank you for your help