Modify official modules

Here you can post about the issues related to modifications performed manually (not through the kiosk wizard). Example: swapped kernel, added 3rd party modules or files.
Please describe in detail what has been changed and hopefully other kiosk user will be able to help.
Porteus team wont resolve bugs posted in this category as we support only modifications made by the kiosk wizard.
Forum rules
Porteus Kiosk section of the forum is unmaintained now. Its kept in a 'read only' mode for archival purposes.
Please use the kiosk contact page for directing your queries: https://porteus-kiosk.org/contact.html
Ciber
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Modify official modules

Post#1 by Ciber » 26 Jul 2023, 11:56

I'd like to modify the predefined modules to include some changes, such as changing the splash screen.
Is it possible to do so or should I make my own module for that purpose?
So far, I've just begun by something easy like translating the notifications in the session-idle-watcher script inside the 003-settings module. Followed the guide but, although the ISO worked like a charm, the script fails to run (does nothing at all).
Maybe it's about encoding so I'll try again, but I just wanted to rule out the possibility.
Thanks in advance.

Vic
Samurai
Samurai
Distribution: Porteux V-0.1 64 KDE

Modify official modules

Post#2 by Vic » 26 Jul 2023, 23:12

When I save changes to a module I strip out everything except what I want. There is alot of unwanted stuff that has nothing to do with the desired changes.

I run with the minimum modules to start before saving to a module.

I extract the changes module and remove piece by piece until all that is left is the desired change. I make alot of test modules that way but I narrow down the exact parts I want.

Then I save to a module with the name of the change and rename it to be loaded at the proper time.

Vic