Porteus Kiosk Unity Game

Here you can post about the issues related to modifications performed manually (not through the kiosk wizard). Example: swapped kernel, added 3rd party modules or files.
Please describe in detail what has been changed and hopefully other kiosk user will be able to help.
Porteus team wont resolve bugs posted in this category as we support only modifications made by the kiosk wizard.
Forum rules
Porteus Kiosk section of the forum is unmaintained now. Its kept in a 'read only' mode for archival purposes.
Please use the kiosk contact page for directing your queries: https://porteus-kiosk.org/contact.html
AdamWood
Ronin
Ronin
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Porteus Kiosk Unity Game

Post#1 by AdamWood » 09 Feb 2023, 10:16

Hi,

I'm currently investigating the feasability of using Porteus Kiosk to run a Unity game instead of a browser. I have had the game running on Ubuntu so I know it does work on some form of Linux.

I have had a go at making the custom installation and once the ISO is installed it seems to try and launch the game but immediately closes and is promptly reopens.

What is the best way of testing my software without having it in kiosk mode so I can determine what additional software I may be needing?

As far as I can tell this isn't something anyone has done before but I could be wrong (it's been known to happen).

I may also just be barking up the wrong tree and this isn't the best solution for my use case.

Thanks in advance!

Adam

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Porteus Kiosk Unity Game

Post#2 by fanthom » 09 Feb 2023, 12:04

Adam,

Try starting the game over SSH and you should get the error displayed in the console.

Thanks
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.

AdamWood
Ronin
Ronin

Porteus Kiosk Unity Game

Post#3 by AdamWood » 10 Feb 2023, 08:45

Thanks for your help.

It must have been something to do with running in a VM as it seems to work on a real PC.

I did notice that when I tried to reduce the screen resolution during install from 4k to 1080 the menu was off screen and I couldn't continue installation after that.

I was also wondering once I have gone through the initial setup, can those settings be used to create an installation iso that will auto install for future systems?

Cheers

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Porteus Kiosk Unity Game

Post#4 by fanthom » 10 Feb 2023, 09:17

Sorry but I do not help with ISO customizations.
Life is too short for this.

If you need a paid help then see here:
https://porteus-kiosk.org/builds.html

Thanks
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.

AdamWood
Ronin
Ronin

Porteus Kiosk Unity Game

Post#5 by AdamWood » 10 Feb 2023, 10:02

That's fair enough.

Thanks for you help!

Any idea how to change the resolution and still be able to see the menu though?