Update Firefox

Here you can post about the issues related to modifications performed manually (not through the kiosk wizard). Example: swapped kernel, added 3rd party modules or files.
Please describe in detail what has been changed and hopefully other kiosk user will be able to help.
Porteus team wont resolve bugs posted in this category as we support only modifications made by the kiosk wizard.
Forum rules
Porteus Kiosk section of the forum is unmaintained now. Its kept in a 'read only' mode for archival purposes.
Please use the kiosk contact page for directing your queries: https://porteus-kiosk.org/contact.html
asan
Ronin
Ronin
Distribution: 5.4

Update Firefox

Post#1 by asan » 03 Feb 2023, 19:14

How would I go about updating Firefox? We're using a touch screen with a website. The touch doesn't work correctly with the version of Firefox that's included (v91), but does work correctly with the newest version (v109).

I've tried making a custom ISO and putting the newer version in the xzm folder, but that fails in different ways depending on how I name the Firefox .xzm. If I name it 002-firefox.xzm, it installs in addition to version 91, but only version 91 gets executed. If I leave the name as firefox-109.0-x86_64-en-US.xzm, it installs and executes the newer version, but it's not fullscreen, and none of the settings I created during setup are applied.