Are these MATE issues?

Get help with MATE specific problems
Macchiato
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: v. 3.2.2

Are these MATE issues?

Post#1 by Macchiato » 19 Sep 2018, 05:10

I guess these are MATE issues, so I'll post them here. Feel free to tell me if they aren't and I will another thread in the appropriate sub-forum.

I have been using Porteus for years, when it was still vs 3.1. I have since migrated through succeeding versions, up to 3.2.2 now (always as live USBs I have to add). I wanted to try vs 4.0 but never succeeded in getting it to boot.

Some of the issues I am having now I had then too - to be specific, WiFi not working anymore after my comp coming out of sleep. It doesn't show any networks, just a couple things one of which being "device is disabled" or something like that. Obviously I didn't disable anything, and I don't know what it means by "device" (my computer is a device for all I know). I remember once I found a way somewhere allowing me to reactivate my WiFi connection, but I forgot it since then, and now that this issue has mysteriously appeared again (it didn't anymore since I am using 3.2.2, so I assumed it was a flaw in the earlier Porteus versions) I don't remember and again the only way I can resolve this is by shutting and restarting my live USB again.

Another long standing issue is - usually - Gnome Mplayer doesn't work. If I click on a media file, MPlayer opens but instantly shows the minimal display and it says "stopped", even before the video file was opened. For some reason I can't fathom it did work a few days ago but it was a video file stored on a USB stick, so it looks like it works when the file it is opening sits on a USB stick but not if it's in the "Guest" folder. It's puzzling and confusing.

Another issue, the control for the screen brightness does not respond.

There are other issues. Caja file manager does not remember if you change the width of the columns. If you close it and open a new instance of Caja, you have to change the width again.

There are a few which don't come to mind right now. Another one is my desktop freezing, my processor load indicator in the panel also freezing and showing the CPU is 100% loaded.

As you can see, all these issues I more or less made do with them but maybe it's time to get them out on the table. I wonder if other users never had these?

Ed_P
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: Cinnamon 5.01 ISO

Are these MATE issues?

Post#2 by Ed_P » 19 Sep 2018, 05:55

FYI 3.2.2 is no longer supported.
Ed

Macchiato
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: v. 3.2.2

Are these MATE issues?

Post#3 by Macchiato » 20 Sep 2018, 10:28

Ed_P wrote:
19 Sep 2018, 05:55
FYI 3.2.2 is no longer supported.
Oh, this is so f***ing helpful.
Last edited by Ed_P on 20 Sep 2018, 15:31, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Editted poster's foul language