Display settings resetting/guiexec not functioning

Please reproduce your error on a second machine before posting, and check the error by running without saved changes or extra modules (See FAQ No. 13, "How to report a bug"). For unstable Porteus versions (alpha, beta, rc) please use the relevant thread in our "Development" section.
rchase
Shogun
Shogun
Distribution: Porteus 5.0 rc3 xfce

Post#1 by rchase » 01 Dec 2019, 23:53

This has been a problem in multiple flavors of Porteus (though I'm paying attention primarily to xfce) through multiple versions: despite unchecking "Configure new displays when connected", Porteus consistently resets various display settings. Although my laptop is connected to an external display designated the primary display and the laptop's display is turned off in the Display settings app, every single time the system resumes from suspend, the laptop's display turns on and its radio box is checked in display settings. Similarly, using a TV as a monitor for my Kangaroo, every time the display is turned on (resuming or even booting), the resolution is reset to 1280 x 720 from 1360 x 768. The process of turning on the display is disregarding the radio box in the setting app and reconfiguring displays according to default values I cannot change and the result is that I frequently have to fix display settings on two computers on which I run Porteus. It appears to me that the process of turning on the display needs to be corrected so that unchecking "Configure new displays when connected" results in loading the display settings last selected in the app. I tried to use the "guiexec=" cheatcode to execute a script consisting of "xrandr -s 1360x768" on the Kangaroo to at least get the display right on boot, but it does not execute; I have reviewed the previous complaint about it not working, and made sure the script was executable, but the boot sequence seems to ignore the cheatcode entirely.

rchase
Shogun
Shogun
Distribution: Porteus 5.0 rc3 xfce

Post#2 by rchase » 04 Dec 2019, 02:55

When I boot up Porteus 3.2.2 on my Kangaroo attached to a TV, the display is at the correct resolution (although it reverts to 1280 x 720 if the TV is turned off and on again), whereas Porteus 5.0 boots it to 1280 x 720 even though the resolution is set to 1360 x 768 and the session is saved.