Porteus v5.0rc1 problems

Please reproduce your error on a second machine before posting, and check the error by running without saved changes or extra modules (See FAQ No. 13, "How to report a bug"). For unstable Porteus versions (alpha, beta, rc) please use the relevant thread in our "Development" section.
maia
White ninja
White ninja
Posts: 4
Joined: 08 Aug 2019, 16:56
Distribution: Porteus 5 rc

Porteus v5.0rc1 problems

Post#106 by maia » 03 Nov 2019, 17:56

Ed_P wrote:
29 Oct 2019, 18:58
Blaze wrote:
26 Oct 2019, 10:45
I repacked and apply patch from biotec - thanks for the patch.
Can anybody test initrd.xz with biotec fix?
It works with my system also. But booting is not faster. :(
For me did not change the restart time, 14s with large rootcopy folder.
I use i5-3320M 8GB ssd ext2. LXDE module.

fulalas
DEV Team
DEV Team
Posts: 1456
Joined: 26 Oct 2016, 15:34
Distribution: Porteus
Location: Brazil

Porteus v5.0rc1 problems

Post#107 by fulalas » 04 Nov 2019, 00:57

Same for me, maia. :)

Buurman
White ninja
White ninja
Posts: 11
Joined: 28 Oct 2019, 18:00
Distribution: ver5

Porteus v5.0rc1 problems

Post#108 by Buurman » 04 Nov 2019, 04:38

Kernel module missing (/disabled)

CONFIG_LOGIRUMBLEPAD2_FF (hid-lg2ff.c) !!

Logitech Rumblepad2 (046D:C218 hidraw) doesn't work without them

User avatar
Blaze
DEV Team
DEV Team
Posts: 2721
Joined: 28 Dec 2010, 11:31
Distribution: ⟰ Porteus current ☯ all DEs ☯
Location: ☭ Russian Federation, Lipetsk region, Dankov
Contact:

Porteus v5.0rc1 problems

Post#109 by Blaze » 04 Nov 2019, 09:16

Buurman, seems need to enable this bunch of options:

Code: Select all

CONFIG_INPUT=y
CONFIG_USB=y
CONFIG_USB_HID=y
CONFIG_USB_HIDDEV=y
CONFIG_USB_SUPPORT=y
CONFIG_USB_COMMON=y
CONFIG_USB_ARCH_HAS_HCD=y
CONFIG_HID=y
CONFIG_HID_LOGITECH=y
CONFIG_HID_LOGITECH_DJ=y
CONFIG_HIDRAW=y
CONFIG_LOGIG940_FF=y
CONFIG_LOGIWHEELS_FF=y
Kees Cook discovered another flaw in the Human Interface Device (HID) subsystem of the Linux kernel when any of CONFIG_LOGITECH_FF, CONFIG_LOGIG940_FF, or CONFIG_LOGIWHEELS_FF are enabled. A physcially proximate attacker can leverage this flaw to cause a denial of service vias a specially crafted device. (CVE-2013-2893)
https://usn.ubuntu.com/2015-1/
Linux 5.4.0-rc7-porteus #2 SMP Tue Nov 12 17:45:45 UTC 2019 x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
MS-7A12 » [AMD/ATI] Tobago PRO [Radeon R7 360 / R9 360 OEM] (rev 81) » Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 K2 3200MHz C16

Buurman
White ninja
White ninja
Posts: 11
Joined: 28 Oct 2019, 18:00
Distribution: ver5

Porteus v5.0rc1 problems

Post#110 by Buurman » 04 Nov 2019, 19:43

Blaze wrote:
04 Nov 2019, 09:16
Buurman, seems need to enable this bunch of options:

Code: Select all

CONFIG_INPUT=y
CONFIG_USB=y
CONFIG_USB_HID=y
CONFIG_USB_HIDDEV=y
CONFIG_USB_SUPPORT=y
CONFIG_USB_COMMON=y
CONFIG_USB_ARCH_HAS_HCD=y
CONFIG_HID=y
CONFIG_HID_LOGITECH=y
CONFIG_HID_LOGITECH_DJ=y
CONFIG_HIDRAW=y
CONFIG_LOGIG940_FF=y
CONFIG_LOGIWHEELS_FF=y
Kees Cook discovered another flaw in the Human Interface Device (HID) subsystem of the Linux kernel when any of CONFIG_LOGITECH_FF, CONFIG_LOGIG940_FF, or CONFIG_LOGIWHEELS_FF are enabled. A physcially proximate attacker can leverage this flaw to cause a denial of service vias a specially crafted device. (CVE-2013-2893)
https://usn.ubuntu.com/2015-1/
except for:
CONFIG_LOGIG940_FF=y
CONFIG_LOGIWHEELS_FF=y
they are all enabled

CONFIG_LOGITECH_FF
-> CONFIG_LOGIRUMBLEPAD2_FF <-
especially the last two need to be enabledl

(weird that this hasn't been tackled after 2013 .. found a lot of people having problems with their rumblepad2 and no-one else found the logitech-ff and logirumblepad2_ff missing ?)

User avatar
Blaze
DEV Team
DEV Team
Posts: 2721
Joined: 28 Dec 2010, 11:31
Distribution: ⟰ Porteus current ☯ all DEs ☯
Location: ☭ Russian Federation, Lipetsk region, Dankov
Contact:

Porteus v5.0rc1 problems

Post#111 by Blaze » 05 Nov 2019, 08:40

As I can see in kernel .config of neko

Code: Select all

cat /usr/src/linux/.config | grep -i logi
# CONFIG_SCSI_BUSLOGIC is not set
# CONFIG_SCSI_QLOGIC_1280 is not set
# CONFIG_NET_VENDOR_QLOGIC is not set
CONFIG_MOUSE_PS2_LOGIPS2PP=y
CONFIG_DRM_ANALOGIX_ANX78XX=m
CONFIG_HID_UCLOGIC=m
CONFIG_HID_LOGITECH=m
CONFIG_HID_LOGITECH_DJ=m
CONFIG_HID_LOGITECH_HIDPP=m
# CONFIG_LOGITECH_FF is not set
# CONFIG_LOGIRUMBLEPAD2_FF is not set
# CONFIG_LOGIG940_FF is not set
# CONFIG_LOGIWHEELS_FF is not set
# Amlogic SoC drivers
# end of Amlogic SoC drivers
As result I think you are need in these options only:

Code: Select all

CONFIG_LOGITECH_FF=y
CONFIG_LOGIRUMBLEPAD2_FF=y
# CONFIG_LOGIG940_FF is not set
# CONFIG_LOGIWHEELS_FF is not set
right?

If yes, you are need to do request for neko to this topic Porteus Kernel Builder (Пост neko #74507)

BTW, thanks for your report.
Linux 5.4.0-rc7-porteus #2 SMP Tue Nov 12 17:45:45 UTC 2019 x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
MS-7A12 » [AMD/ATI] Tobago PRO [Radeon R7 360 / R9 360 OEM] (rev 81) » Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 K2 3200MHz C16

Buurman
White ninja
White ninja
Posts: 11
Joined: 28 Oct 2019, 18:00
Distribution: ver5

Porteus v5.0rc1 problems

Post#112 by Buurman » 05 Nov 2019, 19:30

Blaze wrote:
05 Nov 2019, 08:40
As I can see in kernel .config of neko

Code: Select all

cat /usr/src/linux/.config | grep -i logi
# CONFIG_SCSI_BUSLOGIC is not set
# CONFIG_SCSI_QLOGIC_1280 is not set
# CONFIG_NET_VENDOR_QLOGIC is not set
CONFIG_MOUSE_PS2_LOGIPS2PP=y
CONFIG_DRM_ANALOGIX_ANX78XX=m
CONFIG_HID_UCLOGIC=m
CONFIG_HID_LOGITECH=m
CONFIG_HID_LOGITECH_DJ=m
CONFIG_HID_LOGITECH_HIDPP=m
# CONFIG_LOGITECH_FF is not set
# CONFIG_LOGIRUMBLEPAD2_FF is not set
# CONFIG_LOGIG940_FF is not set
# CONFIG_LOGIWHEELS_FF is not set
# Amlogic SoC drivers
# end of Amlogic SoC drivers
As result I think you are need in these options only:

Code: Select all

CONFIG_LOGITECH_FF=y
CONFIG_LOGIRUMBLEPAD2_FF=y
# CONFIG_LOGIG940_FF is not set
# CONFIG_LOGIWHEELS_FF is not set
right?

If yes, you are need to do request for neko to this topic Porteus Kernel Builder (Пост neko #74507)

BTW, thanks for your report.
thats is correct, will request, thnx

joejac
Black ninja
Black ninja
Posts: 36
Joined: 16 May 2015, 23:55
Distribution: Porteus 3.1
Location: ve

Porteus v5.0rc1 problems

Post#113 by joejac » 09 Nov 2019, 16:37

Hello,
I am trying to revive a machine of a friend. I created a live USB with Porteus 5 KDE very nice indeed. I was thinking to create a custom USB for me too, I like this, but I need certain programs indispensable for me and my friend.
1. Issues:
I was trying to install HPLIP from USM with no luck since yesterday I get the error:
Please wait 6 hours for the next database update. Could not find LIBS.TXT
By the way I updated USM and all its repositories, same problem and I have almost a day trying.
Same error for Skype and KeepNote
gscan2pdf: is not in any repos :shock:
These are programs I consider essential.
Thanks for the nice work.
By the way, How I miss Porteus ISO configurator, it was the best Idea to generate tailored ISOs on the fly.
Thanks and regards
joejac

User avatar
Ed_P
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 5144
Joined: 06 Feb 2013, 22:12
Distribution: 4.0 Cinnamon 64-bit ISO
Location: Western NY, USA

Porteus v5.0rc1 problems

Post#114 by Ed_P » 09 Nov 2019, 18:02

Ed

User avatar
Blaze
DEV Team
DEV Team
Posts: 2721
Joined: 28 Dec 2010, 11:31
Distribution: ⟰ Porteus current ☯ all DEs ☯
Location: ☭ Russian Federation, Lipetsk region, Dankov
Contact:

Porteus v5.0rc1 problems

Post#115 by Blaze » 09 Nov 2019, 18:09

joejac wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 16:37
I was trying to install HPLIP
If need to print and scan - look at this post
joejac wrote:
09 Nov 2019, 16:37
gscan2pdf: is not in any repos
gscan2pdf-1.0.0-i686-1jsc.txz
gscan2pdf-0.9.32-x86_64-2jsc.txz
How many dependencies for gscan2pdf - https://www.archlinux.org/packages/comm ... gscan2pdf/ :wall:

Cheers
Linux 5.4.0-rc7-porteus #2 SMP Tue Nov 12 17:45:45 UTC 2019 x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
MS-7A12 » [AMD/ATI] Tobago PRO [Radeon R7 360 / R9 360 OEM] (rev 81) » Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 K2 3200MHz C16

roadie
Full of knowledge
Full of knowledge
Posts: 228
Joined: 02 Jan 2011, 18:41
Distribution: Porteus 4.0-RC4
Location: In a hayfield

Porteus v5.0rc1 problems

Post#116 by roadie » 15 Nov 2019, 02:05

fulalas wrote:
27 Jun 2019, 02:28
@nanZor, in order to fix the black screen issue, please try this module (put it inside porteus/base): https://www.mediafire.com/file/gbd3r5c5 ... 2.xzm/file

Let us know if it solves your problem :)

I have the same problem with both Mate and Cinnamon desktops, this .xzm fixes it. It doesn't happen with Xfce, and I haven't tried Kde.

User avatar
Blaze
DEV Team
DEV Team
Posts: 2721
Joined: 28 Dec 2010, 11:31
Distribution: ⟰ Porteus current ☯ all DEs ☯
Location: ☭ Russian Federation, Lipetsk region, Dankov
Contact:

Porteus v5.0rc1 problems

Post#117 by Blaze » 15 Nov 2019, 06:23

Hi roadie, about black screen issue.
Can you try to boot Porteus with kernel 5.4-rc7?
[5.4-rc7]
"Basic & Option patches" patching was done.
32bit-BPLUS-kernel5.4-rc7-2.tar (88 M)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/7mtze00k0 ... -rc7-2.tar
md5sum: 3cb57306ee76053f8fd329ec37d4fc9e 32bit-BPLUS-kernel5.4-rc7-2.tar

64bit-BPLUS-kernel5.4-rc7-2.tar (93 M)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/qyoay6yhy ... -rc7-2.tar
md5sum: bf7f0cd68851382b3772379a03d68f17 64bit-BPLUS-kernel5.4-rc7-2.tar
Thanks.
Linux 5.4.0-rc7-porteus #2 SMP Tue Nov 12 17:45:45 UTC 2019 x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
MS-7A12 » [AMD/ATI] Tobago PRO [Radeon R7 360 / R9 360 OEM] (rev 81) » Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 K2 3200MHz C16

roadie
Full of knowledge
Full of knowledge
Posts: 228
Joined: 02 Jan 2011, 18:41
Distribution: Porteus 4.0-RC4
Location: In a hayfield

Porteus v5.0rc1 problems

Post#118 by roadie » 15 Nov 2019, 17:01

Blaze wrote:
15 Nov 2019, 06:23
Hi roadie, about black screen issue.
Can you try to boot Porteus with kernel 5.4-rc7?
[5.4-rc7]
"Basic & Option patches" patching was done.
32bit-BPLUS-kernel5.4-rc7-2.tar (88 M)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/7mtze00k0 ... -rc7-2.tar
md5sum: 3cb57306ee76053f8fd329ec37d4fc9e 32bit-BPLUS-kernel5.4-rc7-2.tar

64bit-BPLUS-kernel5.4-rc7-2.tar (93 M)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/qyoay6yhy ... -rc7-2.tar
md5sum: bf7f0cd68851382b3772379a03d68f17 64bit-BPLUS-kernel5.4-rc7-2.tar
Thanks.


Hi Blaze,
Yes, this kernel works, it goes directly to the desktop in both Mate and Cinnamon.

roadie
Full of knowledge
Full of knowledge
Posts: 228
Joined: 02 Jan 2011, 18:41
Distribution: Porteus 4.0-RC4
Location: In a hayfield

Porteus v5.0rc1 problems

Post#119 by roadie » 15 Nov 2019, 17:25

Another go with Mate desktop.

If using the cheatcode: "login=root", it will get to the desktop, but caja is in a loop initializing.

Code: Select all

Initializing caja-image converter extension
Initializing caja-open-terminal extension
Initializing caja-xattr-tags extension
Caja will loop indefintely, and the only way to stop it is issuing killall from another tty. The desktop is not fully loaded, icons are missing from panel and menu.

Problem #2

The touchpad doesn't work with the stock kernel, or the 5.4-rc7. It appears not to be recognized, nothing in dmesg, or other logs. From looking around, apparently the processor in this laptop is not enabled in the kernel config. It's an AMD A10-9620P. Machine is an Asus X510QA.
I believe it uses the elan driver, which is in /lib/modules.

Code: Select all

# CONFIG_PINCTRL_AMD is not set
I'm in no way sure that enabling this in the kernel will fix this, it's also not a problem for me as I never use the touchpad........I just found out it doesn't work after using this machine for a week.

roadie
Full of knowledge
Full of knowledge
Posts: 228
Joined: 02 Jan 2011, 18:41
Distribution: Porteus 4.0-RC4
Location: In a hayfield

Porteus v5.0rc1 problems

Post#120 by roadie » 15 Nov 2019, 19:38

Blaze wrote:
15 Nov 2019, 06:23
Hi roadie, about black screen issue.
Can you try to boot Porteus with kernel 5.4-rc7?
[5.4-rc7]
"Basic & Option patches" patching was done.
32bit-BPLUS-kernel5.4-rc7-2.tar (88 M)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/7mtze00k0 ... -rc7-2.tar
md5sum: 3cb57306ee76053f8fd329ec37d4fc9e 32bit-BPLUS-kernel5.4-rc7-2.tar

64bit-BPLUS-kernel5.4-rc7-2.tar (93 M)
http://www.mediafire.com/file/qyoay6yhy ... -rc7-2.tar
md5sum: bf7f0cd68851382b3772379a03d68f17 64bit-BPLUS-kernel5.4-rc7-2.tar
Thanks.


Hi Blaze,

Off topic as a 5.0 problem, but while kernel 5.4-r7 fixes the login problem, it doesn't have the wifi module, which is r8822be.

edit:
In 5.4-rc7, a new driver is used in place of r8822be. The new one is rtwpci.......I used neko's mkKernel tool to build modules and that driver works fine.

Code: Select all

01:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. Device [10ec:b822]
	Subsystem: AzureWave Device [1a3b:2950]
	Kernel driver in use: rtw_pci
	Kernel modules: rtwpci

Post Reply