Display settings reset upon resuming

Please reproduce your error on a second machine before posting, and check the error by running without saved changes or extra modules (See FAQ No. 13, "How to report a bug"). For unstable Porteus versions (alpha, beta, rc) please use the relevant thread in our "Development" section.
rchase
Shogun
Shogun
Distribution: Porteus 5.0 rc3 xfce

Post#1 by rchase » 08 Aug 2018, 16:36

I had no response when I posted this under Porteus 4.0 bug reports, so Iĺl try here. My Porteus 4.0 x86-64 XFCE frugal installation to hd on my old Toshiba Satellite always resets my display preferences to use the laptop's own display when it resumes from suspend -- I use an external display and have set the display preferences to not use the laptop's display. The preferences are correctly applied on boot, but not when resuming. Is there a fix? It would be nice if display preferences (i.e which displays to use) could be used from syslinux through starting the desktop.

brokenman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Distribution: Porteus v4 all desktops

Post#2 by brokenman » 12 Aug 2018, 12:41

Can you please explain a little more so I can try to reproduce this?

1. Where do you set the display setting to use laptop on resume?
2. Is you monitor connected via VGA or HDMI?
3. Are you referring to sleep or hibernate from which you 'resume'?

Thanks for the report.
How do i become super user?
Wear your underpants on the outside and put on a cape.

rchase
Shogun
Shogun
Distribution: Porteus 5.0 rc3 xfce

Post#3 by rchase » 16 Aug 2018, 03:45

1. I uncheck the box labelled "Use this display" in the Display utility under Settings; my external monitor is shown as my primary display.
2. VGA
3. sleep

Porteus resets the display properties upon resuming (from sleep -- don't know about hibernation) -- "Use this display" is checked. The settings are retained upon rebooting, but not upon resuming.