deb2xzm from devel module works only in true live (always fresh) mode

Please reproduce your error on a second machine before posting, and check the error by running without saved changes or extra modules (See FAQ No. 13, "How to report a bug"). For unstable Porteus versions (alpha, beta, rc) please use the relevant thread in our "Development" section.
por01
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: Porteus LXDE 4.0 x86_64

Post#1 by por01 » 19 Apr 2018, 22:33

OS: Porteus LXDE 4.0rc4 64bit. The content of ISO was copied into boot/porteus/Porteus-LXDE-v4.0rc4-x86_64 directory of my internal HDD (with only 1 partition). I boot Porteus with GRUB2.

Boot with persistence, and without persistence but not in always fresh mode. devel.xzm is mounted during the boot.

Code: Select all

# cat /proc/cmdline 
quiet BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/porteus/Porteus-LXDE-v4.0rc4-x86_64/boot/syslinux/vmlinuz from=boot/porteus/Porteus-LXDE-v4.0rc4-x86_64 noswap zram=33%

# cat /proc/cmdline
quiet BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/porteus/Porteus-LXDE-v4.0rc4-x86_64/boot/syslinux/vmlinuz from=boot/porteus/Porteus-LXDE-v4.0rc4-x86_64 noswap zram=33% changes=EXIT:/mnt/sda1/boot/porteus/v4.0-rc4_c1

# mount
/mnt/sda1/boot/porteus/Porteus-LXDE-v4.0rc4-x86_64/porteus/modules/05-devel.xzm on /mnt/live/memory/images/05-devel.xzm type squashfs (ro,relatime)

# deb2xzm
Checking required libraries ...

ldconfig: Can't open cache file /etc/ld.so.cache
: No such file or directory
 ############################# 
 #     Missing library       # 
 ############################# 

You are missing libbfd. Please
activate 05_devel or run the
 command: getpkg binutils 
and installpkg the file.

I tried to reactivate the devel module, but it was impossible to deactivate.

Boot in true live mode. devel.xzm is not mounted during the boot.

# cat /proc/cmdline
quiet BOOT_IMAGE=/boot/porteus/Porteus-LXDE-v4.0rc4-x86_64/boot/syslinux/vmlinuz from=boot/porteus/Porteus-LXDE-v4.0rc4-x86_64 noswap zram=33% nomagic base_only norootcopy

I activated manually devel module, and then deb2xzm worked:

# activate /mnt/sda1/boot/porteus/Porteus-LXDE-v4.0rc4-x86_64/porteus/modules/05-devel.xzm

# deb2xzm
Checking required libraries ...

nead a deb package as an argument, example: /usr/bin/deb2xzm
/mnt/sda2/debian_packages/package.deb

por01
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: Porteus LXDE 4.0 x86_64

Post#2 by por01 » 21 Apr 2018, 17:12

A little clarification: meantime I learned that not the "always fresh" boot does matter here. But if the devel module was mounted at boot time or not. If it was mounted at boot time, deb2xzm failed. If it is mounted later, deb2xzm works.