Porteus-v3.2rc5 bug reports

Please reproduce your error on a second machine before posting, and check the error by running without saved changes or extra modules (See FAQ No. 13, "How to report a bug"). For unstable Porteus versions (alpha, beta, rc) please use the relevant thread in our "Development" section.
ncmprhnsbl
DEV Team
DEV Team
Distribution: v5.0-64bit

Re: Porteus-v3.2rc5 bug reports

Post#211 by ncmprhnsbl » 12 Nov 2016, 01:17

brokenman wrote:Can anyone else confirm this bug?
just converted a .tgz with rightclick txz2xzm no problem(32bit virtualbox install > obconf from alien via usm)

on the subject of obconf, it fails to start, looking for libobrender.so.32(smthng like) where your openbox-3.6 provides only libobrender.so.28.. (repos are at 3.6.1)
am using a symlink *32>28 as a workaround which seems to work without issue...
Forum Rules : https://forum.porteus.org/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=44

fulalas
DEV Team
DEV Team
Distribution: Porteus

Post#212 by fulalas » 12 Nov 2016, 01:52

brokenman wrote:
Well, if you look carefully you'll see that the problem isn't related to Nvidia cards, but to xzm package creation.
I assumed it was the nvidia module since this GUI for txz2xzm is in 002 (same script in all desktops) and I have been right clicking on packages and converting them without any problems all day. Can anyone else confirm this bug?
Yeah, me too! But with this specific Nvidia package (although doesn't matter which version) I always face this weird bug.

fulalas
DEV Team
DEV Team

Post#213 by fulalas » 12 Nov 2016, 07:10

ncmprhnsbl wrote:just converted a .tgz with rightclick txz2xzm no problem(32bit virtualbox install > obconf from alien via usm)
It's not a .tgz. It's the .tgz. Read my step by step again :)

jssouza
Legendary
Legendary
Distribution: Porteus x86 arm

Post#214 by jssouza » 12 Nov 2016, 09:41

I could reproduce the problem with the nvidia driver txz2xzm. The problem comes from the tgz package itself.
The doinst.sh from the tgz package calls usr/sbin/nvidia-switch in the temporary root. The nvidia-switch script needs the temporary root in its $ROOT variable. Since it does not find this, it ends up overwriting libGL, libEGL, libGLES libraries on the actual root. Hence the odd system behavior and freezing is seen.

fulalas
DEV Team
DEV Team

Post#215 by fulalas » 12 Nov 2016, 22:45

jssouza wrote:I could reproduce the problem with the nvidia driver txz2xzm. The problem comes from the tgz package itself.
The doinst.sh from the tgz package calls usr/sbin/nvidia-switch in the temporary root. The nvidia-switch script needs the temporary root in its $ROOT variable. Since it does not find this, it ends up overwriting libGL, libEGL, libGLES libraries on the actual root. Hence the odd system behavior and freezing is seen.
Thanks for the time you spent investigating this issue! Let's hope there's a solution.