Porteus-3.2rc2 bug reports

Please reproduce your error on a second machine before posting, and check the error by running without saved changes or extra modules (See FAQ No. 13, "How to report a bug"). For unstable Porteus versions (alpha, beta, rc) please use the relevant thread in our "Development" section.
ncmprhnsbl
DEV Team
DEV Team
Distribution: v5.0-64bit

Re: Porteus-3.2rc2 bug reports

Post#91 by ncmprhnsbl » 20 May 2016, 03:40

64 bit
no glx with xorg ati radeon (did have with 3.1)

Code: Select all

[    10.989] (EE) AIGLX error: dlopen of /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/dri/r600_dri.so failed (libLLVM-3.8.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
[    10.989] (EE) AIGLX: reverting to software rendering
[    10.989] (EE) AIGLX error: dlopen of /usr/lib64/xorg/modules/dri/swrast_dri.so failed (libLLVM-3.8.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
[    10.989] (EE) GLX: could not load software renderer
[    10.989] (II) GLX: no usable GL providers found for screen 0
libLLVM-3.8.so isnt present in 3.1(afaics) so something else is used?
Forum Rules : https://forum.porteus.org/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=44

Philip
Black ninja
Black ninja
Distribution: Porteus 4.0 LXDE 64-bit

Re: Porteus-3.2rc2 32-bit xfce

Post#92 by Philip » 20 May 2016, 12:14

gcolor2 fails to execute. The application is not in /usr/bin or /bin.

Blaze
DEV Team
DEV Team
Distribution: ⟰ Porteus current ☯ all DEs ☯

Post#93 by Blaze » 20 May 2016, 14:50

Xfce x86_64

1. Probably it's not bug (dbiprof does not start)

root@porteus:~# dbiprof
Unable to load profile data: Unable to read profile file 'dbi.prof': No such file or directory at /usr/bin/dbiprof line 63.
2. gpgv (does not start) - root/.gnupg/trustedkeys.gpg file open error

root@porteus:~# gpgv
gpgv: keyblock resource `/root/.gnupg/trustedkeys.gpg': file open error

root@porteus:~# ls -a .gnupg
./  ../  gpg.conf  pubring.gpg  secring.gpg
root@porteus:~# 
3. libboost_program_options.so.1.59.0 is absent (dependence of pamixer)

./pamixer: error while loading shared libraries: libboost_program_options.so.1.59.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
4. libQtOpenGL.so.4 is absent (dependence of qv4l2)

root@porteus:/usr/bin# ./qv4l2
./qv4l2: error while loading shared libraries: libQtOpenGL.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Linux 6.6.11-porteus #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Sun Jan 14 12:07:37 MSK 2024 x86_64 Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1270 v6 @ 3.80GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
MS-7A12 » [AMD/ATI] Navi 23 [Radeon RX 6600] [1002:73ff] (rev c7) » Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 K2 3200MHz C16

brokenman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Distribution: Porteus v4 all desktops

Post#94 by brokenman » 20 May 2016, 20:23

@ncmprhnsbl
llvm librry has been added to next release.

@Philip
Thanks. Added it to next release

@Blaze
2. gpgv (does not start) - root/.gnupg/trustedkeys.gpg file open error
You haven't setup any keys.

3. libboost_program_options.so.1.59.0 is absent (dependence of pamixer)
Since the volume applet takes care of everything there is no need for pamixer.

4. libQtOpenGL.so.4 is absent (dependence of qv4l2)
I removed the menu entry. From memory qv4l2 is needed but not the qt dependency.
How do i become super user?
Wear your underpants on the outside and put on a cape.

jamie81
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: porteus 3.2rc

Post#95 by jamie81 » 20 May 2016, 22:00

Hey brokenman! I've used Porteus off and on, and Ive been playing with this 3.2rc2 for a few days now, specifically the Cinnamon and Kde releases and I must say great job! Both Cinnamon and Kde are very nice looking and working pretty flawlessly.

Ive only had a few problems, and those have already been addressed by you in the upcoming next rc by you Ive read in this thread. Basically the USM not downloading anything bug being one of the only bugs Ive had. In previously releases of porteus Im one of those that has to make an adjustment in the asound.conf file to get any sound, but thats not such a big deal. I just include it in the rootcopy and its taken care of on both the Cinnamon and Kde versions.

Ive added Smplayer to the Cinnamon version by hunting down the txz files myself and converting into modules, while a bit tedious without USM doing the work for me, it went pretty flawless. No big deal since the USM bug being corrected in next rc.

I have only two nagging issues that Ive tried to figure out for myself the past two days but havent had any success.

1. Animated gifs dont seem to animate correctly in Cinnamon or Kde in the image viewers. On Kde gwenview seems to crash either way when trying to open. The Kde version doesnt seem to want to remember which app Ive associated to open any file types also. I have to keep telling Kde to open video files over and over and any other file types as well, images and etc. As far as the animated gif issue, it seems to just stutter and skip frames or something to that effect.

2. I just simply cannot get video thumbnails in Cinnamon or Kde. Ive tried adding many modules that Ive previously used in distros to get them and nothing. Ive googled and checked the forums here as well. Its been about two days and Ive added many modules trying to get this to work and just havent been able to. Im hoping you can give me a hand with this as its a huge deal for me as I have many video files and its a pain to not see the thumbnails when locating them. Id like to know how to get them in both Cinnamon and Kde if possible.

Thanks so much for the time and hope this is the appropriate post to put this in. Once again, great release here with the Cinnamon and Kde versions, superb work!

Evan
Shogun
Shogun
Distribution: Distribution: *

Post#96 by Evan » 20 May 2016, 22:14

<removed>
Last edited by Evan on 24 Jun 2016, 12:18, edited 1 time in total.

brokenman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#97 by brokenman » 21 May 2016, 04:39

@jamie
I have recompiled gpicview (edited source code) to get the animated gifs working but I have replaced gpicview in cinnamon with gthumb which is a more comprehensive image viewer. I also got video thumbnails working in cinnamon by compiling ffmpegthumbnailers and creating a custom file at:

/usr/share/thumbnailers/ffmpegthumbnailer.thumbnailer

[Thumbnailer Entry]
TryExec=/usr/bin/ffmpegthumbnailer
Exec=/usr/bin/ffmpegthumbnailer -s %s -i %i -o %o -c png -f
MimeType=application/mxf;application/ogg;application/ram;application/sdp;application/vnd.ms-wpl;application/vnd.rn-realmedia;application/x-extension-m4a;application/x-extension-mp4;application/x-flash-video;application/x-matroska;application/x-netshow-channel;application/x-ogg;application/x-quicktimeplayer;application/x-shorten;image/vnd.rn-realpix;image/x-pict;misc/ultravox;text/x-google-video-pointer;video/3gpp;video/dv;video/fli;video/flv;video/mp2t;video/mp4;video/mp4v-es;video/mpeg;video/msvideo;video/ogg;video/quicktime;video/vivo;video/vnd.divx;video/vnd.rn-realvideo;video/vnd.vivo;video/webm;video/x-anim;video/x-avi;video/x-flc;video/x-fli;video/x-flic;video/x-flv;video/x-m4v;video/x-matroska;video/x-mpeg;video/x-ms-asf;video/x-ms-asx;video/x-msvideo;video/x-ms-wm;video/x-ms-wmv;video/x-ms-wmx;video/x-ms-wvx;video/x-nsv;video/x-ogm+ogg;video/x-theora+ogg;video/x-totem-stream;audio/x-pn-realaudio;audio/3gpp;audio/ac3;audio/AMR;audio/AMR-WB;audio/basic;audio/midi;audio/mp2;audio/mp4;audio/mpeg;audio/ogg;audio/prs.sid;audio/vnd.rn-realaudio;audio/x-aiff;audio/x-ape;audio/x-flac;audio/x-gsm;audio/x-it;audio/x-m4a;audio/x-matroska;audio/x-mod;audio/x-mp3;audio/x-mpeg;audio/x-ms-asf;audio/x-ms-asx;audio/x-ms-wax;audio/x-ms-wma;audio/x-musepack;audio/x-pn-aiff;audio/x-pn-au;audio/x-pn-wav;audio/x-pn-windows-acm;audio/x-realaudio;audio/x-real-audio;audio/x-sbc;audio/x-speex;audio/x-tta;audio/x-wav;audio/x-wavpack;audio/x-vorbis;audio/x-vorbis+ogg;audio/x-xm;application/x-flac;
You shouldn't have any problem downloading files with USM. As stated above, update the databases and then it shoudl work. It is pulling from slackware version 14.1 for now.

ncmprhnsbl
DEV Team
DEV Team
Distribution: v5.0-64bit

Post#98 by ncmprhnsbl » 21 May 2016, 05:27

i think jamie is referring to the usmgui bug... terminal usm work np tho.. :)

mate 64: system monitor fails to start(ignore if this has been covered)

guest@porteus:~$ mate-system-monitor
mate-system-monitor: error while loading shared libraries: libgiomm-2.4.so.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Forum Rules : https://forum.porteus.org/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=44

donald
Full of knowledge
Full of knowledge
Distribution: Porteus 3.2.2 XFCE 32bit

Post#99 by donald » 21 May 2016, 11:06

3.2rc2 XFCE 32 BIT

I noticed a strange behavior of MPlayer, if it is invoked from within a terminal.
try something like this:
mplayer -fs /path/to/the/video
or
mplayer -fs /path/to/the/video -loop 0
most likely it will not work at the 1st attempt but at the 2nd or 3rd.
also it often hangs or crashes without any useful output -- it only spits out "exiting"

(it does work flawlessly with 3.1 and the same Hardware)

jamie81
White ninja
White ninja

Post#100 by jamie81 » 21 May 2016, 15:43

brokenman wrote:@jamie
I have recompiled gpicview (edited source code) to get the animated gifs working but I have replaced gpicview in cinnamon with gthumb which is a more comprehensive image viewer. I also got video thumbnails working in cinnamon by compiling ffmpegthumbnailers and creating a custom file at:

/usr/share/thumbnailers/ffmpegthumbnailer.thumbnailer

[Thumbnailer Entry]
TryExec=/usr/bin/ffmpegthumbnailer
Exec=/usr/bin/ffmpegthumbnailer -s %s -i %i -o %o -c png -f
MimeType=application/mxf;application/ogg;application/ram;application/sdp;application/vnd.ms-wpl;application/vnd.rn-realmedia;application/x-extension-m4a;application/x-extension-mp4;application/x-flash-video;application/x-matroska;application/x-netshow-channel;application/x-ogg;application/x-quicktimeplayer;application/x-shorten;image/vnd.rn-realpix;image/x-pict;misc/ultravox;text/x-google-video-pointer;video/3gpp;video/dv;video/fli;video/flv;video/mp2t;video/mp4;video/mp4v-es;video/mpeg;video/msvideo;video/ogg;video/quicktime;video/vivo;video/vnd.divx;video/vnd.rn-realvideo;video/vnd.vivo;video/webm;video/x-anim;video/x-avi;video/x-flc;video/x-fli;video/x-flic;video/x-flv;video/x-m4v;video/x-matroska;video/x-mpeg;video/x-ms-asf;video/x-ms-asx;video/x-msvideo;video/x-ms-wm;video/x-ms-wmv;video/x-ms-wmx;video/x-ms-wvx;video/x-nsv;video/x-ogm+ogg;video/x-theora+ogg;video/x-totem-stream;audio/x-pn-realaudio;audio/3gpp;audio/ac3;audio/AMR;audio/AMR-WB;audio/basic;audio/midi;audio/mp2;audio/mp4;audio/mpeg;audio/ogg;audio/prs.sid;audio/vnd.rn-realaudio;audio/x-aiff;audio/x-ape;audio/x-flac;audio/x-gsm;audio/x-it;audio/x-m4a;audio/x-matroska;audio/x-mod;audio/x-mp3;audio/x-mpeg;audio/x-ms-asf;audio/x-ms-asx;audio/x-ms-wax;audio/x-ms-wma;audio/x-musepack;audio/x-pn-aiff;audio/x-pn-au;audio/x-pn-wav;audio/x-pn-windows-acm;audio/x-realaudio;audio/x-real-audio;audio/x-sbc;audio/x-speex;audio/x-tta;audio/x-wav;audio/x-wavpack;audio/x-vorbis;audio/x-vorbis+ogg;audio/x-xm;application/x-flac;
You shouldn't have any problem downloading files with USM. As stated above, update the databases and then it shoudl work. It is pulling from slackware version 14.1 for now.

Thanks for the reply. You are replacing gpicview with gthumb on the next update, or were you saying you have done that on your personal copy? Either way Ill just go to gthumb then.lol

As far as the video thumbnails, I know what compiling means, but just to make sure you mean I need to compile ffmpegthumbnailer from source and Its not just as simple as adding the module from USM? Possibly you mean you're including it done already into the next rc? lol Sorry about the confusion on my part.lol

About the USM, ncmprhnsbl is correct. I have the GUI bug when trying to download anything. I cant believe It didnt occur to me to try it in terminal.lol

jamie81
White ninja
White ninja

Post#101 by jamie81 » 21 May 2016, 17:53

Possibly not related to the rc2 release, or maybe Im not sure. I was playing around in the settings and activated the high contrast part inside of accessibility and now many icons are washed out or just not visible, but if you hover over them they are still there. I hoped a simple restart would fix this, but unfortunately not. Any idea how I can get it back to normal as just deactivating contrast didnt do it.lol Heres a screenshot to show what I mean.

http://i.imgur.com/M1bQ4CJ.jpg

Had to post link as screenie was to large for the forum

edit: Nevermind, I seemed to have fixed this myself. I had a thought that going into the theme settings area and reapplying the icon theme would fix it, and it appears to have done so. I should have checked that before posting. Apologies.

brokenman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post#102 by brokenman » 21 May 2016, 20:45

@jamie81
Yes I did compile ffmpegthumbnailer from source although if you can get it from USM it may also work. Also I have replaced gpicview with gthumb just in cinnamon for the next release.
I noticed a strange behavior of MPlayer, if it is invoked from within a terminal.
Strange. I use it everyday from a terminal (watch videos while I'm working) and haven't come across this.

donald
Full of knowledge
Full of knowledge

Post#103 by donald » 21 May 2016, 21:47

^..yep, strange..
It works better, as long as I use no option. -- like mplayer -fs -- :unknown:

jamie81
White ninja
White ninja

Post#104 by jamie81 » 21 May 2016, 22:27

brokenman wrote:@jamie81
Yes I did compile ffmpegthumbnailer from source although if you can get it from USM it may also work. Also I have replaced gpicview with gthumb just in cinnamon for the next release.
Strange. I use it everyday from a terminal (watch videos while I'm working) and haven't come across this.
I was able to get the video thumbnails working a few hours ago. I cleared out the modules folder except for smplayer modules. I downloaded ffmpegthumbnailer from terminal USM and I had already had a config file in the thumbnails folder(when I was previously trying to get them to work), but I went ahead and deleted it and added the one you posted as it seemed to be more comprehensive as per file types. I got nothing at first, and then I realized might be folder permissions as I was testing with videos on another partition, a windows one to be exact. As soon as I copied a video into the home directory instant thumbnail on it.lol Strange enough though, I accessed some videos in another folder on the same windows partition and these thumbnailed immediately. I guess it was a permission issue, as the latest version of ffmpegthumbnailer I picked up from terminal USM worked fine(even though I previously had a module of it before, but decided to start fresh).

I have a couple questions, and maybe an issue or two Ive noticed.

1. It seems the "open in terminal" option in the right click menu of Nemo doesnt want to open in terminal. Not sure if its a bug thats been mentioned or what, just thought Id bring it up. Also the "open as root" option wasnt working earlier today, but magically started working as of now.

2. Its not a huge issue, but when you hover over icons in the bottom right tray, the tooltip looks to be off. You just see the words and no background color to it, like its a theming issue or something. Like I say, not a real issue but looks aesthetically off like that. Its probably a simple fix, but not one I know off hand so thought I'd mention.

3. Id really like to get "guake" installed. I like having a terminal in a quick dropdown like guake does. It's not listed in the USM, though I googled for a txz of it and seems there is one here.
https://pkgs.org/slackware-13.37/slacky ... l.txz.html

Not sure why it didnt show in USM, possibly because its slackware 13.37? Anyhow, the dependencies are fairly numerous on the link I posted above. Am I really going to need to go after all those dependencies? lol I tried the install and it seems I definitely am going to need some. I was just thinking it would be nice if a version was in USM so I dont have to manually run them down and USM can just resolve the dependencies for me.

4. In your opinion, what is the best way for me to save files such as images or videos without actually causing my porteussave.dat file from growing into a monstrosity? If possible Id like to keep the porteussave.dat file just for configuration changes and newly installed things. If I download a video from say youtube, where would be the best place to store the file on the usb drive so it doesnt add size to my porteussave.dat file? Hope I explained that good enough. Sorry for my ignorance also.lol

Thanks and sorry for the long winded response. Im loving this Cinnamon, great job!

donald
Full of knowledge
Full of knowledge

Post#105 by donald » 21 May 2016, 22:54

^ -- 4 --
Store them in a Folder outside of the live filesystem.
= on the physical device, e.g. /mnt/sda1/storage/