[SOLVED] udev message

Please reproduce your error on a second machine before posting, and check the error by running without saved changes or extra modules (See FAQ No. 13, "How to report a bug"). For unstable Porteus versions (alpha, beta, rc) please use the relevant thread in our "Development" section.
rnport
Black ninja
Black ninja

[SOLVED] udev message

Post#1 by rnport » 06 May 2011, 16:10

At startup, I have suddenly started getting many lines of message that scroll off quickly; it is something like: ...SYSFS{} will be removed in future versions of udev... I was not getting this earlier on this computer. I have tried booting in always fresh mode and by removing files from modules and from rootcopy folder as well. Can someone please help me on this. Also, is there a log file of boot-time messages?

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Re: udev message

Post#2 by fanthom » 06 May 2011, 18:36

show us /var/log/messages (uploaded to pastebin.com)
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.

rnport
Black ninja
Black ninja

Post#3 by rnport » 07 May 2011, 00:57

As mysteriously as it appeared, it has gone away now. I am not sure it is due to my removing modules or changing the save.dat file. I will post the /var/log/messages file if it appears again. Thanks for your help.

brokenman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Distribution: Porteus v4 all desktops

Post#4 by brokenman » 08 May 2011, 23:59

Looks like the self healing script is working just fine. We may add another one that fixes the problem when you hit the side of the monitor. :D
How do i become super user?
Wear your underpants on the outside and put on a cape.