Mounting point seems to change

Please reproduce your error on a second machine before posting, and check the error by running without saved changes or extra modules (See FAQ No. 13, "How to report a bug"). For unstable Porteus versions (alpha, beta, rc) please use the relevant thread in our "Development" section.
bshogeman
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: Porteus 2.0 x64

Mounting point seems to change

Post#1 by bshogeman » 30 Jun 2014, 11:14

I changed the mount point in /sbin/udev-fstab-update by changing the 'MNTPT' variable to /media/$DEVICE
The first few mounts after booting doesn't give a problem. But when unsave removing a usb stick and plug it back, you first get a few error messages and prompt that root permissions are requered, if you cancel this (or fill in the password it doesn't change a thing), the mount point seems to changed to /run/media/guest That folder doesn't exist until the error has taken place.
Normal not a problem when you know it. But when redirecting the share with xfeerdp or rdesktop the usb drives can't be found anymore.
Changing the mountpoint is needed to exclude the live folder in the mount folder and only show usb media in the terminal session.

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Re: Mounting point seems to change

Post#2 by fanthom » 01 Jul 2014, 21:15

hi bshogeman,

will try to recreate this on my PC - give me two days.
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Re: Mounting point seems to change

Post#3 by fanthom » 03 Jul 2014, 13:01

tried hard but couldn't recreate this bug. my usb stick always gets mounted under /media/sdc1. if i open some file from the stick then unplug it without unmounting then it gets mounted as /media/sdd1 (instead of /media/sdc1) once i plug it back.

please recreate this bug once more on your side -> generate 'psinfo' report -> upload to pastebin.com -> link here.

thanks
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.