[SOLVED] SCIM on Porteus v3.0 - 32 bits

Please reproduce your error on a second machine before posting, and check the error by running without saved changes or extra modules (See FAQ No. 13, "How to report a bug"). For unstable Porteus versions (alpha, beta, rc) please use the relevant thread in our "Development" section.
miguipda
Samurai
Samurai

[SOLVED] SCIM on Porteus v3.0 - 32 bits

Post#1 by miguipda » 09 Jun 2014, 12:31

Hi,

I just installed the v3.0 32 bits on my portable and can not get scim working to write in chinese.
I am trying since this morning at 9 a.m. and here are the facts.

1) scim and scim-pinyin are installed and activated correctly.
2) scim does not start at each startup I then add scim-im-agent in the startup list in the KDE System Settings - Startup page
3) Keyboard - KDE Control Menu has been set to have French and Chinese. But still exist the US without the possibility to remove it because it does not appear as guest or as root to allow remove it.
4) Alt+Shift can just switch between the keyboard language settings (fr-us) but not to the chinese one. Even by selecting it with right click on it.
5) Alt+Space or Ctrl+Space does not react to activate the chinese input method
6) Locale - System Settings is set to Belgium
7) this afternoon I also test with Porteus Settings Setup to adapt the language setup allowing to use other languages settings the fr_BE and activate scim and LibreOffice (nothing changed)
8) at 21 hr I just move up the chinese up to french and now there is just french and chinese that appears in the Keyboard - KDE Control Menu (selectable languages). But the chinese scim activation keys does not react to allow me typing chinese.

As it works perfectly without any problems on my 64 bits version I really need to get it work on my portable (32 bits).

Sincerely thanks to help me.

Have a nice day.

Miguipda ;-)
Last edited by miguipda on 12 Jun 2014, 18:53, edited 1 time in total.

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Re: SCIM on Porteus v3.0 - 32 bits

Post#2 by fanthom » 10 Jun 2014, 06:03

if it works on 64bits then should also on 32 as both archs have the same files. are you sure that changes/rootcopy/other modules do not play a role here?
if not than i have no other ideas - sorry.

can anybody confirm that SCIM is working for him on 32bits?
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.

miguipda
Samurai
Samurai

Re: SCIM on Porteus v3.0 - 32 bits

Post#3 by miguipda » 12 Jun 2014, 18:52

Hi,

after two days of tests I solved it by removing the keyboard setting and just let the french belgium keyboard.
After that I used the Porteus Settings Center -> System Settings -> Language settings
-> System Encoding = fr_BE
-> Libre Office = checked
-> Keyboard setup = checked
-> non-latin fonts = unchecked
-> Scim input = checked
When the keyboard settings appears I keep the french belgium
After that it shows the Miscellaneous locales anc checked : KDE Desktop, Firefox, Printing locales and Development locales

And it works in 32 and 64 bits for this last Porteus v3.0

Sincerely thanks and have a nice day.