Xorg failed to start up

Please reproduce your error on a second machine before posting, and check the error by running without saved changes or extra modules (See FAQ No. 13, "How to report a bug"). For unstable Porteus versions (alpha, beta, rc) please use the relevant thread in our "Development" section.
rikkai
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: V3.2.2 MATE

Xorg failed to start up

Post#1 by rikkai » 17 Mar 2014, 00:10

Greetings-

I am having a problem with the desktop going black in 3.0, if I let it sit for a short period without doing any work, it will go dark and when I try to wake it up, I get the following " Xorg failed to start up, removing invalid /etc/x11/xorg.conf. " This is a build I used our wizard for and I have tried it on 2 different laptops with the same results. The laptop has worked with the older versions, 1.0, 2.1, etc. I am at a loss for what is happening, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rikkai

BTW, love the new version though. :)
"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you have constructed... The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the FORCE" -Darth Vader

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Re: Xorg failed to start up

Post#2 by fanthom » 17 Mar 2014, 06:16

as usual in such cases:
please boot to text mode -> generate 'psinfo' report -> upload somewhere -> link here -> thanks.
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.

rikkai
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: V3.2.2 MATE

Re: Xorg failed to start up

Post#3 by rikkai » 23 Mar 2014, 16:49

Hi Fanthom-

Sorry for the delay, work must intrude sometimes,

I used the wizard again and did a fresh install. Now I can't duplicate the error. Maybe my previous wizard iso was corrupted somehow, I always use
the checksum but maybe there was something funny going on, also no one else complained about it, so maybe it was just me. I am up and running
now! :D

Thanks again,
Rikkai
"Don't be too proud of this technological terror you have constructed... The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the FORCE" -Darth Vader