DCOP server

Please reproduce your error on a second machine before posting, and check the error by running without saved changes or extra modules (See FAQ No. 13, "How to report a bug"). For unstable Porteus versions (alpha, beta, rc) please use the relevant thread in our "Development" section.
beny
Full of knowledge
Full of knowledge

DCOP server

Post#1 by beny » 15 Jan 2011, 00:13

i have merged some modules lzm in a big one, but i have received this error: DCOP communication error Kdialog
there was an error settingup interprocess comunications for kde the message is:could not open network socket,look for dcop server is running.
i dont know where is this process,the system hang only ctrl alt back and can change user,and now x don't run,any hint thanks

Posted after 1 hour 38 minutes 9 seconds:
i can confirm the issue,delete change folder and reinstall porteus folder,in konsole take a look for dcopserver and it is running,merge some modules in a one,and at final of build show this error.

brokenman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Distribution: Porteus v4 all desktops

Re: DCOP server

Post#2 by brokenman » 15 Jan 2011, 00:23

i have merged some modules lzm in a big one
How was this done? I want to try and reproduce here for troubleshooting.
How do i become super user?
Wear your underpants on the outside and put on a cape.

beny
Full of knowledge
Full of knowledge

Re: DCOP server

Post#3 by beny » 15 Jan 2011, 09:38

hi brokenman,i want to do a package of xbmc,and i have convert txz to lzm when i try to use porteus modules tool: merge lzm modules,start well but the popup of kdialog when package is ready,don't shout down,after a while the error.