Audio is not working on ( ASUS F1A75-M ) motherboard

Please reproduce your error on a second machine before posting, and check the error by running without saved changes or extra modules (See FAQ No. 13, "How to report a bug"). For unstable Porteus versions (alpha, beta, rc) please use the relevant thread in our "Development" section.
unixino
Black ninja
Black ninja
Distribution: 46 bit xfce

Audio is not working on ( ASUS F1A75-M ) motherboard

Post#1 by unixino » 22 Jan 2013, 21:28

hi
there is no sound on porteus 2 , on porteus setting center => sound settings , it says the sound card uses another driver on this system , something like that .
please help

Ahau
King of Docs
King of Docs
Distribution: LXDE & Xfce 32/64-bit

Re: Audio is not working on ( ASUS F1A75-M ) motherboard

Post#2 by Ahau » 22 Jan 2013, 23:38

Hi unixino,

Would you please boot into 'always fresh' mode so we can be sure no settings have been applied, and then run the 'psinfo' utility from Porteus Settings Centre, and post the contents to pastebin with a link here? This will let us know more about your hardware setup. please also let me know the output of:

Code: Select all

cat /proc/asound/cards
cat /proc/asound/modules
Was this the error message you received?
"You appear to have selected an on-board sound card that uses the same driver as another card on this system. This type of setup is not well supported by this application and may require a custom udev rule. This action will continue, but please ask for more assistance on the Porteus forum at http://porteus.org/forum if this application does not resolve your issues."
If that is the case, then my assumption is that you have more than one sound card in your system (which are not usb devices) that utilize the same driver. The method I've used for this script doesn't have the capability to set your device order in this case, so we would need to set a custom udev rule. I should be able to help you out with that but I'll need the information you'll be providing with the commands above in order to do it. It might also be that your hardware gives some kind of output that I wasn't anticipating and didn't run into while testing (such as a single card that is recognized as more than one device in ALSA). Thank you for testing and posting here, this will help improve the sound config tool!

Does your sound work properly out of the box with other linux distributions?
Please take a look at our online documentation, here. Suggestions are welcome!

unixino
Black ninja
Black ninja

Post#3 by unixino » 23 Jan 2013, 21:19

HI
thanks for the fast respond , the output is:

Code: Select all

guest@porteus:~$ cat /proc/asound/cards
 0 [Generic        ]: HDA-Intel - HD-Audio Generic
                      HD-Audio Generic at 0xfeb44000 irq 50
 1 [Generic_1      ]: HDA-Intel - HD-Audio Generic
                      HD-Audio Generic at 0xfeb40000 irq 16
guest@porteus:~$ cat /proc/asound/modules
 0 snd_hda_intel
 1 snd_hda_intel
guest@porteus:~$ 
yes this is the message.
the 32 bit ( razorqt ) worked fine but i use 64 bit .

the psinfo was uploaded but i lost the link , so here is the file :

http://www.4shared.com/office/OZ6LR2O5/ ... eport.html

Ahau
King of Docs
King of Docs
Distribution: LXDE & Xfce 32/64-bit

Post#4 by Ahau » 30 Jan 2013, 22:45

Hi unixno,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this. I'm trying to sort out how to write a udev rule that can force the system to use one of your sound cards as the default on each boot-up (my suspicion is that depending on which card is detected first, you will have sound working on some boot-ups and not others). Unfortunately, I have yet to find a method that works properly, and I've done a lot of searching for answers.

Is anyone else in the community familiar with udev and how to force the recognition of a particular device as card0? There are lots of threads that people start on forums and email lists to get an answer to this question, but no one seems to have a reliable answer for us.

Thanks!
Please take a look at our online documentation, here. Suggestions are welcome!

unixino
Black ninja
Black ninja

Post#5 by unixino » 03 Feb 2013, 13:36

Hi
thanks for your time
i was searching and found this link
http://forum.vectorlinux.com/index.php?topic=4888.0
i don't know if this can help , i really need to use Porteus and i need audio to edit sound files
is there something i can make after booting to make it work or load module or something .
can any body help me please