[Porteus V2.0 RC1] Xfce Desktop Bug

Please reproduce your error on a second machine before posting, and check the error by running without saved changes or extra modules (See FAQ No. 13, "How to report a bug"). For unstable Porteus versions (alpha, beta, rc) please use the relevant thread in our "Development" section.
Eldes
Ronin
Ronin
Distribution: Calculate Linux

[Porteus V2.0 RC1] Xfce Desktop Bug

Post#1 by Eldes » 25 Dec 2012, 09:57

Hello guys!,
First of all, i congrats to all team for make possible this awesome project.

I found a bug that consist of a slow right click menu when you right click in the Desktop.
This bug its well-known in many distributions and there are many patches to apply into it.

Please try to fix it in the next RC.

Also, i tested the KDE version i didn't find any error.

Thanks,
Kind regards, Eldes V.
Eldes V.
Internet Marketer

Ahau
King of Docs
King of Docs
Distribution: LXDE & Xfce 32/64-bit

Re: [Porteus V2.0 RC1] Xfce Desktop Bug

Post#2 by Ahau » 26 Dec 2012, 19:14

Welcome, Eldes!

How long does it take for the desktop right click menu to show up for you? Are you booting from a CD or a flash drive, or something else?

Is this the known bug to which you are referring? https://bugzilla.xfce.org/show_bug.cgi?id=7172

If so, that has been marked as resolved in Xfce 4.10, which we are using in Porteus 1.2. When booting off my flash drive, I do get about a second and a half delay the first time I do a right click on the desktop; after that, I get about .5 - .75 seconds before it comes up, and it is not as slow when I boot with 'copy2ram', so I am wondering if it might just be that you are booting from a cd and it's taking a while for the system to build the menu as it scans for data.

If this isn't the bug to which you are referring, could you please provide some links to the description and the patch?

Many thanks!

P.S., I'll leave this thread as is for a few days so it is easy for you to find and reply, but after that I'll merge it with the "2.0 RC1 feedback" thread, to keep all issues for RC1 consolidated there.
Please take a look at our online documentation, here. Suggestions are welcome!

Eldes
Ronin
Ronin
Distribution: Calculate Linux

Post#3 by Eldes » 27 Dec 2012, 15:52

Yes, this is the bug.

Thanks for mark to solve this error .
It's a pleasure find & report bugs.
Eldes V.
Internet Marketer

francois
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: xfce plank porteus nemesis
Location: Le printemps, le printemps, le printemps... ... l'hiver s'essoufle.

Post#4 by francois » 28 Dec 2012, 00:40

Up to now, I have no problems with xfce, everything is functioning perfectly. I think the linux crowd should like porteus a lot.

Thanks to the developers. :D
Prendre son temps, profiter de celui qui passe.