Porteus Settings Center

Please reproduce your error on a second machine before posting, and check the error by running without saved changes or extra modules (See FAQ No. 13, "How to report a bug"). For unstable Porteus versions (alpha, beta, rc) please use the relevant thread in our "Development" section.
edge226
Contributor
Contributor

Porteus Settings Center

Post#1 by edge226 » 06 Jul 2012, 08:09

I have noticed a few things about the settings center that are incorrect. While using KDE the Icon is not the same as it is in the menu, it uses the ppm icon which is confusing when the menu icon is different.

secondly when you goto the system information section of the settings center will bug out and display the same output for every entry, This has been recreated twice and both times it was under the logs tab.

brokenman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Distribution: Porteus v4 all desktops

Re: Porteus Settings Center

Post#2 by brokenman » 06 Jul 2012, 12:05

While using KDE the Icon is not the same as it is in the menu, it uses the ppm icon which is confusing when the menu icon is different.
Thanks ... will patch this up.
when you goto the system information section of the settings center will bug out and display the same output for every entry, This has been recreated twice and both times it was under the logs tab.
Ahau also had a problem with logs tab. I can't reproduce this on any of my machines. Will have to look a little harder to find the problem. The relevant file is /opt/porteus-scripts/xpsinfo
How do i become super user?
Wear your underpants on the outside and put on a cape.

Ahau
King of Docs
King of Docs
Distribution: LXDE & Xfce 32/64-bit

Re: Porteus Settings Center

Post#3 by Ahau » 06 Jul 2012, 15:00

I've not had quite the same problem as edge226 -- in the logs section, Xorg.log fails to show up in the gtkdialog window -- it will open properly when you click on the "Open Current File" button, and it doesn't seem to mess up any of the other entries. I was able to trace it down to a character that is sent to the log by the Nouveau driver, and the gtkdialog window won't display any of the text when this character is present. Are you using Nouveau, perhaps? Also, do any of the logs display properly, and then it bugs out when you click on one in particular? Maybe we can trace this down a little further...
Please take a look at our online documentation, here. Suggestions are welcome!