Filezilla and Truecrypt do not start due to lib error

Please reproduce your error on a second machine before posting, and check the error by running without saved changes or extra modules (See FAQ No. 13, "How to report a bug"). For unstable Porteus versions (alpha, beta, rc) please use the relevant thread in our "Development" section.
miguipda
Samurai
Samurai

Filezilla and Truecrypt do not start due to lib error

Post#1 by miguipda » 23 Jun 2012, 15:54

Hi,

as I installed Filezilla and Truecrypt I though it could check for dependencies and then install it to be sure this Filezilla and Truecrypt programs could work.

As it does not start with the menu icon I ran the command line and get this error. Please update the filezilla and Truecrypt program dependencies to be able to use it for other users. And please tell me how could I correct it to be able toi use it.

Received errors :

Code: Select all

guest@porteus:~$ filezilla
filezilla: error while loading shared libraries: libwx_gtk2u_aui-2.8.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Code: Select all

guest@porteus:~$ truecrypt
truecrypt: error while loading shared libraries: libwx_gtk2u_adv-2.8.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Sincerely thanks and have a nice day,

Miguipda ;-)

brokenman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Distribution: Porteus v4 all desktops

Re: Filezilla and Truecrypt do not start due to lib error

Post#2 by brokenman » 23 Jun 2012, 20:24

slackyd -u && slackyd -s wxwidgets

Find the wxidgets package and use: slackyd -g package-name -v1.2-i486-1

Then convert to a Porteus package: txz2xzm /var/slackyd/package-name -v1.2-i486-.txz /var/slackyd/package-name -v1.2-i486-.xzm

Hopefully this answers any future questions about how to find missing dependencies. :Search:
How do i become super user?
Wear your underpants on the outside and put on a cape.