Encrypted file path not writable warning - still works.

Please reproduce your error on a second machine before posting, and check the error by running without saved changes or extra modules (See FAQ No. 13, "How to report a bug"). For unstable Porteus versions (alpha, beta, rc) please use the relevant thread in our "Development" section.
nanZor
Shogun
Shogun
Distribution: Porteus 5.01 x86-64 LXQT

Post#1 by nanZor » 24 Mar 2024, 21:04

LXQT 5.01 Porteus. I used the Porteus Settings Centre to encrypt and decrypt a simple text file. I was shown warnings that the "this path is not writable". But I forged ahead and clicked OK anyway. The file was simply in my home directory.

Using a standard savefile.dat in xfs format. The utility seemed to work so wonder what the warning was about.
That's a UNIX book - cool. -Garth

Ed_P
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: Cinnamon 5.01 ISO

Post#2 by Ed_P » 24 Mar 2024, 22:17

Maybe the error was referring to the encrypted file not being writable to the /changes folder or save.dat file. :hmmm:
Ed

nanZor
Shogun
Shogun
Distribution: Porteus 5.01 x86-64 LXQT

Post#3 by nanZor » 25 Mar 2024, 08:55

Seems to be working after a reboot despite the warning. I even tried using the util on files and folders on other partitions - no problem.

For the test, just banged out another install of LXQT 5.01 on another sd-card, but this time with an XFS partition for the changes instead of a save.dat file for kicks. No problem there either, other than the warning. Stoked - never made a porteus stick with a dedicated changes partition. A bright side to everything!
That's a UNIX book - cool. -Garth

ncmprhnsbl
DEV Team
DEV Team
Distribution: v5.0-64bit

Post#4 by ncmprhnsbl » 25 Mar 2024, 09:13

nanZor wrote:
24 Mar 2024, 21:04
I was shown warnings that the "this path is not writable". But I forged ahead and clicked OK anyway.
quite possibly a bug, but apparently one of those non-fatal ones :)
i'll take a look at it, thanks for reporting :)
Forum Rules : https://forum.porteus.org/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=44