Porteus-installer-for-Linux.sh - 1st Extraction fail [Solved] - 2nd SegFault [Solved via different PC]

Please reproduce your error on a second machine before posting, and check the error by running without saved changes or extra modules (See FAQ No. 13, "How to report a bug"). For unstable Porteus versions (alpha, beta, rc) please use the relevant thread in our "Development" section.
Rava
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: XFCE 5.01 x86_64 + 4.0 i586

Porteus-installer-for-Linux.sh - 1st Extraction fail [Solved] - 2nd SegFault [Solved via different PC]

Post#1 by Rava » 25 Nov 2022, 21:01

I made a testrun of the installer that sits on the external SD card I use in connection with a USB cardreader to sucessfully boot. As you can see, using ./Porteus-installer-for-Linux.sh would work:

Code: Select all

root@porteus:/mnt/sdc1/boot# ./Porteus-installer-for-Linux.sh 
Verifying archive integrity...  100%   MD5 checksums are OK. All good.
Uncompressing Porteus Installer  100%  

_.====.._
                           ,:._       ~-_
                               '\        ~-_
                                 \        \.
                               ,/           ~-_
                      -..__..-''   PORTEUS   ~~--..__

==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--

Installing Porteus to /dev/sdc1
WARNING: Make sure this is the right partition before proceeding.

Type 'ok' to continue or press Ctrl+c to exit.
^CExited installer.
I copied the installer to /mnt/sdb1/boot (alongside the porteus/ folders and the boot/syslinux/ folder + files.
And checked the integrity of the installer via md5sum:

root@porteus:/mnt/sdc1/boot# md5sum Porteus-installer-for-Linux.sh 
4c52cb3af6cf8ae2606dba7864fa72ee  Porteus-installer-for-Linux.sh

root@porteus:/mnt/sdb1/boot# md5sum Porteus-installer-for-Linux.sh 
4c52cb3af6cf8ae2606dba7864fa72ee  Porteus-installer-for-Linux.sh
As you see the md5sum matches, still:

root@porteus:/mnt/sdb1/boot# ./Porteus-installer-for-Linux.sh 
Verifying archive integrity...  100%   MD5 checksums are OK. All good.
Uncompressing Porteus Installer  100%   ... Extraction failed.
Terminated
Can the ./Porteus-installer-for-Linux.sh not be used on a VFAT partition, which /mnt/sdb1 is:

root@porteus:/mnt/sdb1/boot# df -mT /mnt/sdb1 /mnt/sdc1
Filesystem     Type 1M-blocks   Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/sdb1      vfat    476603 358553    118051  76% /mnt/sdb1
/dev/sdc1      ext2      1857    996       767  57% /mnt/sdc1
why does it claim the extraction reached 100% but still failed?
Cheers!
Yours Rava

Rapha_
Shogun
Shogun
Distribution: Xfce 4.12 - 5.rc3 - x86_64

Porteus-installer-for-Linux.sh - Uncompressing Porteus Installer 100% ... Extraction failed

Post#2 by Rapha_ » 26 Nov 2022, 12:16

gnintilgyes
Black ninja
Black ninja
Distribution: Debian

Porteus-installer-for-Linux.sh - Uncompressing Porteus Installer 100% ... Extraction failed

Post#3 by gnintilgyes » 28 Nov 2022, 23:38

Hi Rava. Maybe this "utility" cried wolf on you.

This "utility" is unreliable. I cannot use it, either it comes up with "/dev/media" as destination partition or it fails for some stupid reason or what was displayed in the first post. This is aggravating while using another Linux, not on Windows because I have never tried it on Windows. Fortunately, there's no need for this "Porteus-installer-for-Linux.sh".

fulalas
DEV Team
DEV Team
Distribution: Porteus

Post#4 by fulalas » 29 Nov 2022, 00:46

@Rava, have you tried another partition type, like FAT32/NTFS or even ext2/ext4?

@gnintilgyes, in my experience this utility is reliable, however it's very sensitive to how the unit is partitioned/formatted. I experienced many times Gparted messing with partitions forcing me to delete and creating/formatting again. In some ways I think Gnome Disks makes things easier.

Rapha_
Shogun
Shogun
Distribution: Xfce 4.12 - 5.rc3 - x86_64

Post#5 by Rapha_ » 29 Nov 2022, 12:22

Porteus rc2 and rc3 linux installer [fixed] (Post by donald #84684)
donald wrote:
10 Oct 2021, 06:26
--> Porteus-installer-for-Linux.com ...Extraction failed error <--

It seems the problem is that the fat32 device gets mounted as
drwxrwxrwx 5 guest users 4.0K Jan 1 1970 sdb1/

no "extraction error" if the same device is mounted as
drwxrwxrwx 5 root root 4.0K Jan 1 1970 sdb1/

gnintilgyes
Black ninja
Black ninja
Distribution: Debian

Post#6 by gnintilgyes » 29 Nov 2022, 13:55

fulalas wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 00:46
@gnintilgyes, in my experience this utility is reliable, however it's very sensitive to how the unit is partitioned/formatted. I experienced many times Gparted messing with partitions forcing me to delete and creating/formatting again. In some ways I think Gnome Disks makes things easier.
Yes indeed, with GNOME Disk Utility I make sure the disk is bootable, and so far I have been lucky. Not as familiar with GParted and sometimes I have to fire it up from the terminal to prevent it from scanning the internal HDD of my laptop, which takes a long time.

Rava
Contributor
Contributor

Post#7 by Rava » 02 Dec 2022, 11:03

fulalas wrote:
29 Nov 2022, 00:46
@Rava, have you tried another partition type, like FAT32/NTFS or even ext2/ext4?
As I wrote - I made the test run on my ext2 boot media, there uncompressing works and I could run it.
On the intended vfat 4gb USB stick it fails.

Should I post the output of fdisk -l ?

I try mounting it as root as per here
donald wrote:
10 Oct 2021, 06:26
--> Porteus-installer-for-Linux.com ...Extraction failed error <--

It seems the problem is that the fat32 device gets mounted as
drwxrwxrwx 5 guest users 4.0K Jan 1 1970 sdb1/

no "extraction error" if the same device is mounted as
drwxrwxrwx 5 root root 4.0K Jan 1 1970 sdb1/
and report back.

Tanks to all for now. :)
Cheers!
Yours Rava

Rava
Contributor
Contributor

Post#8 by Rava » 10 Dec 2022, 04:51

I did follow donald's tip an as usual it was gold:
umounting the mounted at boot under user guest USB thumbdrive and manually mounting it under user root did solve the uncompressing issue

root@porteus:/mnt/sdc1/boot# ./Porteus-installer-for-Linux.com 
Verifying archive integrity... All good.
Uncompressing Porteus Installer......

_.====.._
                               '\        ~-_
                                 \        \.
                               ,/           ~-_

==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--==--

Installing Porteus to /dev/sdc1

unfortunately another issue occurred:

ok
Flushing filesystem buffers...

Using extlinux bootloader.
.porteus_installer/installer.com: line 281:  2534 Segmentation fault      $bin/extlinux.com -i "$IPT"/syslinux > /dev/null 2>&1

Installation failed with error code '3'.
Please ask for help on the Porteus forum: www.porteus.org/forum
and provide the information from /mnt/sdc1/boot/debug.txt

Exiting now...
root@porteus:/mnt/sdc1/boot# 
That also never happened before.

What can be the reason for that segfault?
My system is Port 5.0 with not the most recent 002-xorg.xzm (due to the as of yet unresolved crashes during suspend, see other thread on that) and XFCE 4.16:

root@porteus:~# cat /etc/porteus/*
001-core.xzm:20221006
002-xorg.xzm:20220723
002-xtra.xzm:20220630
003-xfce.xzm:20220925
initrd.xz:20220928
Added in 25 minutes 11 seconds:
Repeating the same later resulted in the same error. :(

Added in 10 hours 24 minutes 55 seconds:
Porteus-installer-for-Linux.sh - 1st Extraction fail [Solved] - 2nd SegFault
I forgot to add, since the ./Porteus-installer-for-Linux.sh deletes all previous output (via "clear" me thinks) I oversaw all that. The device I want to make bootable is a VFAT so all named paths should be on that VFAT as well since e.g. "./docs/install.txt.gz" should translate into /mnt/sdd1/boot/docs/install.txt.gz - and this is what /dev/sdd is:

root@porteus:~# fdisk -l /dev/sdd
Disk /dev/sdd: 7.47 GiB, 8016363520 bytes, 15656960 sectors
Disk model: USB Flash Disk  
Units: sectors of 1 * 512 = 512 bytes
Sector size (logical/physical): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
I/O size (minimum/optimal): 512 bytes / 512 bytes
Disklabel type: dos
Disk identifier: 0xblabla

Device     Boot Start      End  Sectors  Size Id Type
/dev/sdd1  *     4096 15656959 15652864  7.5G  b W95 FAT32

Uncompressing Porteus Installer.............chown: changing ownership of './docs/cheatcodes.txt': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './docs/install.txt.gz': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './docs': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './syslinux/boot.cat': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './syslinux/chain.c32': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './syslinux/extlinux.conf': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './syslinux/initrd.xz': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './syslinux/isolinux.bin': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './syslinux/isolinux.boot': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './syslinux/isolinux.cfg': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './syslinux/vmlinuz': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './syslinux/lilo.conf': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './syslinux/plpbt': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './syslinux/port.cfg': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './syslinux/porteus.cfg': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './syslinux/porteus.cfg.3.1rc2': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './syslinux/porteus.png': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './syslinux/syslinux.cfg': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './syslinux/vesamenu.c32': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './syslinux/porteus.cfg.3.1_bak2': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './syslinux/vmlinuz_Porteus_5.4.30_x86_64': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './syslinux/porteus.cfg.3.1_bak3': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './syslinux/porteus.cfg.BAK4': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './syslinux/porteus.cfg.BAK1': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './syslinux/porteus.cfg.BAK2': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './syslinux/initrd.20200411.xz': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './syslinux/initrd.20201102.xz': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './syslinux/initrd.20201102.xz_for_fsck-ext4.dummy': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './syslinux/initrd.xz_is_20220928_for_fsck-ext4.dummy': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './syslinux': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './ldlinux.sys': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/grub.cfg': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/915resolution.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/acpi.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/adler32.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/affs.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/afs.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/ahci.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/all_video.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/aout.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/at_keyboard.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/ata.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/backtrace.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/bfs.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/biosdisk.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/bitmap.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/bitmap_scale.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/blocklist.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/boot.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/bsd.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/btrfs.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/bufio.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/cacheinfo.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/cat.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/chain.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/cmostest.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/cmp.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/configfile.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/cpio.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/cpio_be.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/cpuid.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/crc64.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/crypto.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/cryptodisk.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/cs5536.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/date.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/datehook.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/datetime.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/diskfilter.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/dm_nv.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/drivemap.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/echo.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/efiemu.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/ehci.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/elf.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/exfat.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/exfctest.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/ext2.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/extcmd.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/fat.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/font.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/freedos.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/fshelp.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/functional_test.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/gcry_arcfour.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/gcry_blowfish.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/gcry_camellia.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/gcry_cast5.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/gcry_crc.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/gcry_des.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/gcry_md4.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/gcry_md5.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/gcry_rfc2268.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/gcry_rijndael.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/gcry_rmd160.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/gcry_seed.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/gcry_serpent.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/gcry_sha1.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/gcry_sha256.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/gcry_sha512.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/gcry_tiger.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/gcry_twofish.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/gcry_whirlpool.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/gdb.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/geli.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/getdate.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/gettext.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/gettextvar.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/gfxmenu.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/gfxterm.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/gptsync.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/gzio.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/halt.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/hashsum.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/hdparm.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/hello.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/help.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/hexdump.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/hfs.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/hfsplus.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/http.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/iorw.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/iso9660.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/jfs.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/jpeg.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/keylayouts.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/keystatus.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/ldm.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/legacycfg.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/linux.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/linux16.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/loadenv.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/loopback.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/ls.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/lsacpi.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/lsapm.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/lsmmap.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/lspci.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/lua.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/luks.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/lvm.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/lzopio.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/mdraid09.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/mdraid09_be.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/mdraid1x.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/memdisk.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/memrw.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/menuclear.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/minicmd.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/minix.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/minix2.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/minix2_be.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/minix3.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/minix3_be.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/minix_be.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/mmap.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/msdospart.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/multiboot.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/multiboot2.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/net.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/newc.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/nilfs2.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/normal.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/ntfs.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/ntfscomp.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/ntldr.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/odc.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/ohci.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/part_acorn.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/part_amiga.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/part_apple.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/part_bsd.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/part_dvh.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/part_gpt.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/part_msdos.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/part_plan.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/part_sun.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/part_sunpc.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/parttool.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/password.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/password_pbkdf2.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/pata.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/pbkdf2.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/pci.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/plan9.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/play.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/png.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/priority_queue.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/probe.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/pxe.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/pxechain.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/raid5rec.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/raid6rec.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/read.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/reboot.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/regexp.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/reiserfs.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/relocator.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/romfs.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/scsi.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/search.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/search_fs_file.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/search_fs_uuid.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/search_label.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/sendkey.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/serial.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/setjmp.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/setpci.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/sfs.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/sleep.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/squash4.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/tar.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/terminal.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/terminfo.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/test.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/test_blockarg.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/testload.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/tftp.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/tga.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/time.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/trig.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/true.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/udf.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/ufs1.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/ufs2.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/uhci.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/usb.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/usb_keyboard.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/usbms.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/usbserial_common.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/usbserial_ftdi.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/usbserial_pl2303.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/usbtest.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/vbe.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/vga.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/vga_text.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/video.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/video_bochs.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/video_cirrus.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/video_fb.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/videoinfo.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/videotest.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/xfs.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/xnu.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/xnu_uuid.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/xzio.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/zfs.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/zfscrypt.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/zfsinfo.mod': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/command.lst': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/crypto.lst': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/fs.lst': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/moddep.lst': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/partmap.lst': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/parttool.lst': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/terminal.lst': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/video.lst': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/boot.img': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/cdboot.img': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/diskboot.img': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/g2hdr.img': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/grldr.img': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/kernel.img': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/lnxboot.img': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/lzma_decompress.img': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/pxeboot.img': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/efiemu32.o': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/efiemu64.o': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc/core.img': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/i386-pc': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/locale/ast.mo': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/locale/ca.mo': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/locale/da.mo': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/locale/de.mo': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/locale/de@hebrew.mo': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/locale/de_CH.mo': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/locale/en@arabic.mo': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/locale/en@cyrillic.mo': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/locale/en@greek.mo': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/locale/en@hebrew.mo': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/locale/en@piglatin.mo': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/locale/en@quot.mo': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/locale/eo.mo': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/locale/fi.mo': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/locale/fr.mo': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/locale/hu.mo': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/locale/id.mo': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/locale/it.mo': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/locale/ja.mo': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/locale/nl.mo': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/locale/pa.mo': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/locale/pl.mo': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/locale/ru.mo': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/locale/sv.mo': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/locale/uk.mo': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/locale/vi.mo': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/locale/zh_CN.mo': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/locale/zh_TW.mo': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/locale': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/themes/starfield/COPYING.CC-BY-SA-3.0': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/themes/starfield/README': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/themes/starfield/blob_w.png': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/themes/starfield/boot_menu_c.png': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/themes/starfield/boot_menu_e.png': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/themes/starfield/boot_menu_n.png': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/themes/starfield/boot_menu_ne.png': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/themes/starfield/boot_menu_nw.png': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/themes/starfield/boot_menu_s.png': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/themes/starfield/boot_menu_se.png': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/themes/starfield/boot_menu_sw.png': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/themes/starfield/boot_menu_w.png': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/themes/starfield/dejavu_10.pf2': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/themes/starfield/dejavu_12.pf2': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/themes/starfield/dejavu_14.pf2': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/themes/starfield/dejavu_16.pf2': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/themes/starfield/dejavu_bold_14.pf2': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/themes/starfield/slider_c.png': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/themes/starfield/slider_n.png': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/themes/starfield/slider_s.png': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/themes/starfield/starfield.png': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/themes/starfield/terminal_box_c.png': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/themes/starfield/terminal_box_e.png': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/themes/starfield/terminal_box_n.png': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/themes/starfield/terminal_box_ne.png': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/themes/starfield/terminal_box_nw.png': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/themes/starfield/terminal_box_s.png': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/themes/starfield/terminal_box_se.png': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/themes/starfield/terminal_box_sw.png': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/themes/starfield/terminal_box_w.png': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/themes/starfield/theme.txt': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/themes/starfield': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/themes': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/fonts/unicode.pf2': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/fonts': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub/grubenv': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './grub': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './Porteus-installer-for-Linux.com': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './syslinux.porteus/boot.cat': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './syslinux.porteus/chain.c32': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './syslinux.porteus/extlinux.conf': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './syslinux.porteus/initrd.xz': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './syslinux.porteus/isolinux.bin': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './syslinux.porteus/isolinux.boot': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './syslinux.porteus/isolinux.cfg': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './syslinux.porteus/lilo.conf': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './syslinux.porteus/porteus.cfg': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './syslinux.porteus/plpbt': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './syslinux.porteus/porteus.png': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './syslinux.porteus/syslinux.cfg': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './syslinux.porteus/vesamenu.c32': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './syslinux.porteus/vmlinuz': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './syslinux.porteus/port.cfg': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './syslinux.porteus/porteus.cfg.3.1rc2': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './syslinux.porteus': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './extSD_2GB_vs_intHDD1_1/porteus.cfg_extSD_2GB': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './extSD_2GB_vs_intHDD1_1/porteus.cfg_intHDD1_1': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './extSD_2GB_vs_intHDD1_1/porteus.cfg.md5sums': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './extSD_2GB_vs_intHDD1_1': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './debug.txt': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './.porteus_installer/mbr.bin': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './.porteus_installer/extlinux.com': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './.porteus_installer/lilo.com': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './.porteus_installer/installer.com': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of './.porteus_installer': Operation not permitted
chown: changing ownership of '.': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './docs/cheatcodes.txt': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './docs/install.txt.gz': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './docs': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './syslinux/boot.cat': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './syslinux/chain.c32': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './syslinux/extlinux.conf': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './syslinux/initrd.xz': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './syslinux/isolinux.bin': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './syslinux/isolinux.boot': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './syslinux/isolinux.cfg': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './syslinux/vmlinuz': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './syslinux/lilo.conf': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './syslinux/plpbt': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './syslinux/port.cfg': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './syslinux/porteus.cfg': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './syslinux/porteus.cfg.3.1rc2': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './syslinux/porteus.png': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './syslinux/syslinux.cfg': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './syslinux/vesamenu.c32': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './syslinux/porteus.cfg.3.1_bak2': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './syslinux/vmlinuz_Porteus_5.4.30_x86_64': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './syslinux/porteus.cfg.3.1_bak3': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './syslinux/porteus.cfg.BAK4': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './syslinux/porteus.cfg.BAK1': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './syslinux/porteus.cfg.BAK2': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './syslinux/initrd.20200411.xz': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './syslinux/initrd.20201102.xz': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './syslinux/initrd.20201102.xz_for_fsck-ext4.dummy': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './syslinux/initrd.xz_is_20220928_for_fsck-ext4.dummy': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './syslinux': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './ldlinux.sys': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/grub.cfg': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/915resolution.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/acpi.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/adler32.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/affs.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/afs.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/ahci.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/all_video.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/aout.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/at_keyboard.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/ata.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/backtrace.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/bfs.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/biosdisk.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/bitmap.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/bitmap_scale.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/blocklist.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/boot.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/bsd.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/btrfs.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/bufio.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/cacheinfo.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/cat.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/chain.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/cmostest.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/cmp.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/configfile.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/cpio.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/cpio_be.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/cpuid.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/crc64.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/crypto.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/cryptodisk.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/cs5536.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/date.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/datehook.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/datetime.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/diskfilter.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/dm_nv.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/drivemap.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/echo.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/efiemu.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/ehci.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/elf.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/exfat.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/exfctest.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/ext2.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/extcmd.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/fat.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/font.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/freedos.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/fshelp.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/functional_test.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/gcry_arcfour.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/gcry_blowfish.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/gcry_camellia.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/gcry_cast5.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/gcry_crc.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/gcry_des.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/gcry_md4.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/gcry_md5.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/gcry_rfc2268.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/gcry_rijndael.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/gcry_rmd160.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/gcry_seed.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/gcry_serpent.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/gcry_sha1.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/gcry_sha256.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/gcry_sha512.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/gcry_tiger.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/gcry_twofish.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/gcry_whirlpool.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/gdb.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/geli.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/getdate.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/gettext.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/gettextvar.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/gfxmenu.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/gfxterm.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/gptsync.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/gzio.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/halt.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/hashsum.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/hdparm.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/hello.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/help.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/hexdump.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/hfs.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/hfsplus.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/http.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/iorw.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/iso9660.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/jfs.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/jpeg.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/keylayouts.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/keystatus.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/ldm.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/legacycfg.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/linux.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/linux16.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/loadenv.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/loopback.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/ls.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/lsacpi.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/lsapm.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/lsmmap.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/lspci.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/lua.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/luks.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/lvm.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/lzopio.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/mdraid09.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/mdraid09_be.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/mdraid1x.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/memdisk.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/memrw.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/menuclear.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/minicmd.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/minix.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/minix2.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/minix2_be.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/minix3.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/minix3_be.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/minix_be.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/mmap.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/msdospart.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/multiboot.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/multiboot2.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/net.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/newc.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/nilfs2.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/normal.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/ntfs.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/ntfscomp.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/ntldr.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/odc.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/ohci.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/part_acorn.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/part_amiga.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/part_apple.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/part_bsd.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/part_dvh.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/part_gpt.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/part_msdos.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/part_plan.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/part_sun.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/part_sunpc.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/parttool.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/password.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/password_pbkdf2.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/pata.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/pbkdf2.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/pci.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/plan9.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/play.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/png.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/priority_queue.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/probe.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/pxe.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/pxechain.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/raid5rec.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/raid6rec.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/read.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/reboot.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/regexp.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/reiserfs.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/relocator.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/romfs.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/scsi.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/search.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/search_fs_file.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/search_fs_uuid.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/search_label.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/sendkey.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/serial.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/setjmp.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/setpci.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/sfs.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/sleep.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/squash4.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/tar.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/terminal.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/terminfo.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/test.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/test_blockarg.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/testload.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/tftp.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/tga.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/time.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/trig.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/true.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/udf.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/ufs1.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/ufs2.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/uhci.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/usb.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/usb_keyboard.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/usbms.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/usbserial_common.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/usbserial_ftdi.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/usbserial_pl2303.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/usbtest.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/vbe.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/vga.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/vga_text.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/video.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/video_bochs.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/video_cirrus.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/video_fb.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/videoinfo.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/videotest.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/xfs.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/xnu.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/xnu_uuid.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/xzio.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/zfs.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/zfscrypt.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/zfsinfo.mod': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/command.lst': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/crypto.lst': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/fs.lst': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/moddep.lst': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/partmap.lst': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/parttool.lst': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/terminal.lst': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/video.lst': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/boot.img': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/cdboot.img': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/diskboot.img': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/g2hdr.img': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/grldr.img': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/kernel.img': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/lnxboot.img': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/lzma_decompress.img': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/pxeboot.img': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/efiemu32.o': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/efiemu64.o': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc/core.img': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/i386-pc': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/locale/ast.mo': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/locale/ca.mo': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/locale/da.mo': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/locale/de.mo': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/locale/de@hebrew.mo': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/locale/de_CH.mo': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/locale/en@arabic.mo': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/locale/en@cyrillic.mo': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/locale/en@greek.mo': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/locale/en@hebrew.mo': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/locale/en@piglatin.mo': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/locale/en@quot.mo': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/locale/eo.mo': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/locale/fi.mo': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/locale/fr.mo': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/locale/hu.mo': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/locale/id.mo': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/locale/it.mo': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/locale/ja.mo': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/locale/nl.mo': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/locale/pa.mo': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/locale/pl.mo': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/locale/ru.mo': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/locale/sv.mo': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/locale/uk.mo': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/locale/vi.mo': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/locale/zh_CN.mo': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/locale/zh_TW.mo': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/locale': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/themes/starfield/COPYING.CC-BY-SA-3.0': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/themes/starfield/README': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/themes/starfield/blob_w.png': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/themes/starfield/boot_menu_c.png': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/themes/starfield/boot_menu_e.png': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/themes/starfield/boot_menu_n.png': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/themes/starfield/boot_menu_ne.png': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/themes/starfield/boot_menu_nw.png': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/themes/starfield/boot_menu_s.png': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/themes/starfield/boot_menu_se.png': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/themes/starfield/boot_menu_sw.png': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/themes/starfield/boot_menu_w.png': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/themes/starfield/dejavu_10.pf2': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/themes/starfield/dejavu_12.pf2': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/themes/starfield/dejavu_14.pf2': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/themes/starfield/dejavu_16.pf2': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/themes/starfield/dejavu_bold_14.pf2': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/themes/starfield/slider_c.png': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/themes/starfield/slider_n.png': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/themes/starfield/slider_s.png': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/themes/starfield/starfield.png': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/themes/starfield/terminal_box_c.png': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/themes/starfield/terminal_box_e.png': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/themes/starfield/terminal_box_n.png': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/themes/starfield/terminal_box_ne.png': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/themes/starfield/terminal_box_nw.png': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/themes/starfield/terminal_box_s.png': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/themes/starfield/terminal_box_se.png': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/themes/starfield/terminal_box_sw.png': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/themes/starfield/terminal_box_w.png': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/themes/starfield/theme.txt': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/themes/starfield': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/themes': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/fonts/unicode.pf2': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/fonts': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub/grubenv': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './grub': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './Porteus-installer-for-Linux.com': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './syslinux.porteus/boot.cat': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './syslinux.porteus/chain.c32': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './syslinux.porteus/extlinux.conf': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './syslinux.porteus/initrd.xz': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './syslinux.porteus/isolinux.bin': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './syslinux.porteus/isolinux.boot': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './syslinux.porteus/isolinux.cfg': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './syslinux.porteus/lilo.conf': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './syslinux.porteus/porteus.cfg': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './syslinux.porteus/plpbt': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './syslinux.porteus/porteus.png': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './syslinux.porteus/syslinux.cfg': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './syslinux.porteus/vesamenu.c32': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './syslinux.porteus/vmlinuz': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './syslinux.porteus/port.cfg': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './syslinux.porteus/porteus.cfg.3.1rc2': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './syslinux.porteus': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './extSD_2GB_vs_intHDD1_1/porteus.cfg_extSD_2GB': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './extSD_2GB_vs_intHDD1_1/porteus.cfg_intHDD1_1': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './extSD_2GB_vs_intHDD1_1/porteus.cfg.md5sums': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './extSD_2GB_vs_intHDD1_1': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './debug.txt': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './.porteus_installer/mbr.bin': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './.porteus_installer/extlinux.com': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './.porteus_installer/lilo.com': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './.porteus_installer/installer.com': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of './.porteus_installer': Operation not permitted
chgrp: changing group of '.': Operation not permitted
I presume the massive failed changing ownerships cannot be the reason for the segfault, or can it?
Last edited by Rava on 10 Dec 2022, 15:23, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added massive list of failed changing ownerships
Cheers!
Yours Rava

Ed_P
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: Cinnamon 5.01 ISO

Post#9 by Ed_P » 11 Dec 2022, 23:27

FWIW I would interpret a segfault as the module not being read contiguously either became it needs to be defragged or because there is a bad block on the drive.
Ed

Rava
Contributor
Contributor

Post#10 by Rava » 12 Dec 2022, 02:27

Ed_P wrote:
11 Dec 2022, 23:27
I would interpret a segfault as the module not being read contiguously either became it needs to be defragged or because there is a bad block on the drive.
It should have nothing to do with how the data of the program is stored.

I highlight the relevant parts of the wikipedia entry on it for you:
Segmentation fault
In computing, a segmentation fault (often shortened to segfault) or access violation is a fault, or failure condition, raised by hardware with memory protection, notifying an operating system (OS) the software has attempted to access a restricted area of memory (a memory access violation). On standard x86 computers, this is a form of general protection fault. The operating system kernel will, in response, usually perform some corrective action, generally passing the fault on to the offending process by sending the process a signal. Processes can in some cases install a custom signal handler, allowing them to recover on their own,[1] but otherwise the OS default signal handler is used, generally causing abnormal termination of the process (a program crash), and sometimes a core dump.

Segmentation faults are a common class of error in programs written in languages like C that provide low-level memory access and few to no safety checks. They arise primarily due to errors in use of pointers for virtual memory addressing, particularly illegal access. Another type of memory access error is a bus error, which also has various causes, but is today much rarer; these occur primarily due to incorrect physical memory addressing, or due to misaligned memory access – these are memory references that the hardware cannot address, rather than references that a process is not allowed to address.
HTH.

Added in 6 minutes 21 seconds:
Sadly, after rebooting due to me accidentally having pressed the "Power" button on my keyboard (darn these extra buttons in the darkness, you so easily press them by mistake. :oops: ) the segfault still is happening.
I try mounting as root the same USB thumbdrive with my x586 Porteus 4.0 on my old mono core machine and do the ./Porteus-installer-for-Linux.sh on that machine... and report back here.

Added in 25 minutes 8 seconds:
yay on the quite outdated and RAM restricted i586 only PC It succeeded: :Yahoo!: :celebrate3:

root@porteus:/mnt/sdb1/boot# uname -r
3.17.4-porteus
root@porteus:/mnt/sdb1/boot# cat /etc/porteus/*
001-core.xzm:20180422
002-xorg.xzm:20180422
003-xfce.xzm:20171113
initrd.xz:20180311

root@porteus:/mnt/sdb1/boot# ./Porteus-installer-for-Linux.com 
Verifying archive integrity... All good.
Uncompressing Porteus Installer......

_.====.._
                               '\        ~-_
                                 \        \.
                               ,/           ~-_

Installing Porteus to /dev/sdb1

ok
Flushing filesystem buffers...

Using extlinux bootloader.

Installation finished successfully.
You may reboot your PC now and start using Porteus.
Please check the /boot/docs folder for additional information about
the installation process, Porteus requirements and booting parameters.
In case of making tweaks to the bootloader config,
please edit: /mnt/sdb1/boot/syslinux/porteus.cfg file.

Press Enter to exit.

root@porteus:/mnt/sdb1/boot#
Cheers!
Yours Rava