[Solved] XFCE 4.12 mouse acceleration?

Please reproduce your error on a second machine before posting, and check the error by running without saved changes or extra modules (See FAQ No. 13, "How to report a bug"). For unstable Porteus versions (alpha, beta, rc) please use the relevant thread in our "Development" section.
Rava
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: XFCE 5.01 x86_64 + 4.0 i586

[Solved] XFCE 4.12 mouse acceleration?

Post#1 by Rava » 26 Aug 2022, 08:27

Does XFCE 4.12 support mouse acceleration? It its settings I found no such thing.

With mouse acceleration I mean: when you move the mouse quickly, it moves further on the screen. When you move the same physical distance with your hand slowly, it moves less far on the screen.

I has a Microsoft mouse, but it starts to get faulty, but is still usable (I have to unplug and re-plug it every few days)

I plugged in an almost new IBM mouse and realized that both handle mouse acceleration differently, the SM-one handles it like other mice, but the IBM one is too slow and needs a tweaked acceleration setting.
Do I need to make that change in a settings file manually since XFCE does not give me the options via its settings GUI?

Added in 8 hours 11 minutes 11 seconds:
Silly me oversaw the setting, I had to scroll in the window to actually see it. :crazy:

A search gave me https://unix.stackexchange.com/question ... n-on-xfce4 incl this screenshot

Topic locked.
Cheers!
Yours Rava