virusscan.jotti.org

Talk here about security in general. Posting illegals software is prohibited. All stuffs in this forum must be considered as for "Educational purpose only".
Rava
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: XFCE 5.01 x86_64 + 4.0 i586

virusscan.jotti.org

Post#1 by Rava » 30 Aug 2023, 14:38

In case it is unknown to you:

https://virusscan.jotti.org/

This is by far the best online virus malware trojan scanner - because it uses 14 scan engines, many of these well known ones.
About Jotti's malware scan
Jotti's malware scan is a free service that lets you scan suspicious files with several anti-virus programs. You can submit up to 5 files at the same time. There is a 250MB limit per file. Please be aware that no security solution offers 100% protection, not even when it uses several anti-virus engines. All files are shared with anti-virus companies so detection accuracy of their anti-virus products can be improved.
I did upload a file by mistake (it looked suspicious to me - /tmp/nsmail.exe - thus uploaded it to virusscan.jotti.org
Only after that I realized that for some weird reason interlink names any binary when forwarding an email as *.exe (with the exception of *jpeg, *png and such) and to my horrot i realized it was a pdf with confidential information.
I asked him if I could post his reply when reviewing his site and he gave me his okay.

This is what I wrote to him:
Hello,

I uploaded a file I thought of being suspicions, only after that I realized it was a confidential PDF (my Email program saves when forwarding that attachment as nsmail.exe )
filescanjob was ?????

SHA1: ?????

Can it be deleted and not forwarded to other scan engines?
and his reply was quite quick:
Hello,

The file and its records have been deleted. It may still have been acquired by one or more anti-virus vendors, but they can no longer do so.

Kind regards,

Jordi Bosveld
Jotti
Best outcome I could have hoped for. :friends:
Cheers!
Yours Rava

francois
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: xfce plank porteus nemesis
Location: Le printemps, le printemps, le printemps... ... l'hiver s'essoufle.

virusscan.jotti.org

Post#2 by francois » 27 Sep 2023, 12:09

Is there a way to use this virusscan for the hole hdd instead of one file at a time?
Prendre son temps, profiter de celui qui passe.

francois
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: xfce plank porteus nemesis
Location: Le printemps, le printemps, le printemps... ... l'hiver s'essoufle.

virusscan.jotti.org

Post#3 by francois » 27 Sep 2023, 12:14

Prendre son temps, profiter de celui qui passe.

Rava
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: XFCE 5.01 x86_64 + 4.0 i586

virusscan.jotti.org

Post#4 by Rava » 27 Sep 2023, 19:38

francois wrote:
27 Sep 2023, 12:09
Is there a way to use this virusscan for the hole hdd instead of one file at a time?
No. Only one file at a time.

You need a Linux malware scanner locally installed on a system that can access your HD, but that will only use one scan engine and not the many virusscan.jotti.org does.
Cheers!
Yours Rava