Can't use DHCP in setup wizard. [SOLVED]

Share your opinion about Porteus Kiosk Edition.
Forum rules
Porteus Kiosk section of the forum is unmaintained now. Its kept in a 'read only' mode for archival purposes.
Please use the kiosk contact page for directing your queries: https://porteus-kiosk.org/contact.html
Kshef
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: 3.7.0

Post#1 by Kshef » 07 Jul 2021, 15:10

Hello

I need help with the setup wizard. When setting it up, after selecting the option to use an ethernet connection, I then select the option configure connection using DHCP. We do not have a proxy so I select next. Lastly I select firefox to be my browser. When trying to connect to porteus-kiosk.org, it soon comes up saying the connection cannot be accessed due to my firewall/proxy. The firewall is not blocking it and no proxy is being used. Are there any solutions to fix this? Another thing to mention is that I can do the setup wizard if I configure it manually however I need to do the setup via DHCP. Any help is appreciated.
Last edited by Kshef on 08 Jul 2021, 12:34, edited 1 time in total.

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Can't use DHCP in setup wizard.

Post#2 by fanthom » 07 Jul 2021, 16:07

Hello Kshef,

1) If manual IP configuration works then it must be your router/DHCP server fault.
Please boot Ubuntu live and check if its able to configure the network using DHCP.

2) Is your PC 32bit? If it has the 64bit CPU then please use latest kiosk release: 5.2.0.

Thanks
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.

Kshef
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: 3.7.0

Post#3 by Kshef » 08 Jul 2021, 12:35

Got it working, thankyou fanthom