[solved] generating your master-preferences file for chrome

Share your opinion about Porteus Kiosk Edition.
Forum rules
Porteus Kiosk section of the forum is unmaintained now. Its kept in a 'read only' mode for archival purposes.
Please use the kiosk contact page for directing your queries: https://porteus-kiosk.org/contact.html
ch4lk
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: kiosk-cloud

[solved] generating your master-preferences file for chrome

Post#1 by ch4lk » 27 Aug 2018, 02:32

This should eventually be in the 'tutorials' section, shouldn't it mod? Feel free to move it there. However, it's a 'work in progress'

I tried generating a master_preferences file from an exported .json through a Win10 enforced chrome policy file. This was pointless.
If I understand PK correctly, chrome will ignore any parameters not specified in the master_preferences file and take the default values specified under the /etc section on the PK install .
So, read the instructions from viewtopic.php?f=136&t=4889&p=62214&hili ... ing#p62214 closely and it is now working nearly as I wish.

It was a formatting issue: no curly opening and closing brackets are required for your custom policies file.
Your additional chrome browser parameters are appended to the default 'chrome.json' file located here > /etc/opt/chrome/policies/managed/

I did notice also that changing the homepage url for the button works, but i can not change the startup urls, they stay as per default chrome.json
I shall keep trying and testing. In the meantime: feel free to upload your working custom policy file :-)