Website Login Credentials

Share your opinion about Porteus Kiosk Edition.
Forum rules
Porteus Kiosk section of the forum is unmaintained now. Its kept in a 'read only' mode for archival purposes.
Please use the kiosk contact page for directing your queries: https://porteus-kiosk.org/contact.html
fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Re: Website Login Credentials

Post#16 by fanthom » 22 Aug 2013, 07:27

@brokenman
files wont be overwritten if you put them into 003-settings.xzm as advised in this thread.

@Andy
not sure where cookies are stored (probably places.sqlite+signons.sqlite) so i would copy whole .mozilla folder to 003 module.
please do it like that:

a) boot any linux with firefox-21 (porteus-2.1 standard edition would be the best as firefox matches the kiosk version)
b) remove or backup existing .mozilla folder
c) copy .mozilla from your modified 003-settings.xzm (private mode must be disabled, etc...)
d) launch firefox -> navigate to your site -> login -> let firefox remember the password
e) close firefox and copy .mozilla folder back to 003-settings.xzm
f) create new 003 module and kioks ISO

not tested but should work.
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.

brokenman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Distribution: Porteus v4 all desktops

Post#17 by brokenman » 22 Aug 2013, 12:49

files wont be overwritten if you put them into 003-settings.xzm as advised in this thread.
Yes, just clarifying what Andy requires and what he is seeing as it appeared to have been misunderstood (he doesn't want to login to our site automatically).
How do i become super user?
Wear your underpants on the outside and put on a cape.

Andy
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: Kiosk Edition 2.1

Post#18 by Andy » 23 Aug 2013, 06:35

brokenman wrote:
The Startsite on my Kiosk should be a Intranet-Site of our Company.
If i understand correctly, Andy wants the homepage to be a local site from his intranet. This will require saving database & cookie files however these are stored in the user folder which is over written every time firefox restarts.
yes :)
fanthom wrote:@brokenman

@Andy
not sure where cookies are stored (probably places.sqlite+signons.sqlite) so i would copy whole .mozilla folder to 003 module.
please do it like that:

a) boot any linux with firefox-21 (porteus-2.1 standard edition would be the best as firefox matches the kiosk version)
b) remove or backup existing .mozilla folder
c) copy .mozilla from your modified 003-settings.xzm (private mode must be disabled, etc...)
d) launch firefox -> navigate to your site -> login -> let firefox remember the password
e) close firefox and copy .mozilla folder back to 003-settings.xzm
f) create new 003 module and kioks ISO

not tested but should work.